The Student Room Group

GES placement year interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Gtddhjiu
Where yours online or in person?

Reply 21
Original post by Zai786

Guys how did the interview go? What questions did they ask you?
Reply 22
Interview few days ago and didn't feel it went that well tbh.

Feel already well into second year and didn't do A level economics so trying to scramble together work from the first year of degree didn't bode well as time was limited due to pressures of January exams etc.

Good luck to all.

Will be interested to hear everyone else gets on.
Reply 23
Original post by Snowwh
Interview few days ago and didn't feel it went that well tbh.

Feel already well into second year and didn't do A level economics so trying to scramble together work from the first year of degree didn't bode well as time was limited due to pressures of January exams etc.

Good luck to all.

Will be interested to hear everyone else gets on.

Oh that’s unfortunate. Good luck on your other interviews!! Do you remember what questions they asked?
Had mine today. Interviewers very friendly and felt like a much better experience than the one way online interview I had with another employer. Took about 30/ 40 minutes good luck if yours is still to come. I was told decisions will start being shared from 19 Feb onwards.
Reply 25
Original post by Charliedale
Had mine today. Interviewers very friendly and felt like a much better experience than the one way online interview I had with another employer. Took about 30/ 40 minutes good luck if yours is still to come. I was told decisions will start being shared from 19 Feb onwards.

Well done finally completed it! Such a long wait time to hear back about decisions tho
Original post by Zai786
Well done finally completed it! Such a long wait time to hear back about decisions tho

Forgot to update My one was last week it went well hopefully I get in
Can’t wait until the 19th
Reply 27
Hey guys, how many people do you think they'll be hiring? In the job descriptions, one of the roles have like 12 placement roles available and the others have multiple positions available.
Reply 28
Original post by Gtddhjiu
Hey guys, how many people do you think they'll be hiring? In the job descriptions, one of the roles have like 12 placement roles available and the others have multiple positions available.

I'm not sure but looking through various job descriptions there are a lot of posts in London but not so many elsewhere.
Reply 29
Has anyone got a response yet ?
Reply 30
No, not yet. Has been such a long wait so am hoping we will get decisions today/tomorrow.
Reply 31
Original post by WD0
No, not yet. Has been such a long wait so am hoping we will get decisions today/tomorrow.

I havnt either - hope it doesn’t drag till the end of the week
Nothing yet!
Reply 33
has anyone heard anything yet?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 34
Original post by ls2004
has anyone heard anything yet?

Nope
I checked yesterday with recruitment and they told me results should be out Friday . They are setting the pass mark atm. There will be a reserve list for those who pass the interview but don’t get a job.
Reply 36
I checked yesterday with recruitment and they told me results should be out Friday . They are setting the pass mark atm. There will be a reserve list for those who pass the interview but don’t get a job.

Oh really. Do you reckon that means it’s been quite competitive then?
Reply 37
Did you guys make any mistakes in the interviews or were they smooth sailing?
Original post by ls2004
Oh really. Do you reckon that means it’s been quite competitive then?

Think so .. looks like more people who passed than posts
Reply 39
Think so .. looks like more people who passed than posts

what do you mean ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending