The Student Room Group

Laptop for sale

Hi,

I'm trying to sell a HP Probook 450 G8 with an 11th Gen Intel I5 processor, 8gb of ram, and 250gb storage for £350. It's practically new I got it in a raffle and ive been trying to sell it for ages. Perfect laptop for anyone just starting uni or in uni atm. Anyone wants it let me know.
Reply 1
Original post by jbrees2198
Hi,

I'm trying to sell a HP Probook 450 G8 with an 11th Gen Intel I5 processor, 8gb of ram, and 250gb storage for £350. It's practically new I got it in a raffle and ive been trying to sell it for ages. Perfect laptop for anyone just starting uni or in uni atm. Anyone wants it let me know.
You tried Facebook marketplace/ eBay etc? I think you’ll get more interaction over there. Market it right and it’ll all go well.
Reply 2
Original post by SK-06
You tried Facebook marketplace/ eBay etc? I think you’ll get more interaction over there. Market it right and it’ll all go well.
Its been on market place for ages not had any luck
Reply 3
Its been on market place for ages not had any luck
Because you're charging about what the laptop would be worth brand new, nobody is going to pay that much for it.
Reply 4
I'll take it for £3.50. have an extra 50p for the road
Reply 5
Original post by TNGFR
Because you're charging about what the laptop would be worth brand new, nobody is going to pay that much for it.
It’s actually a £700 laptop…
Reply 6
It’s actually a £700 laptop…
Unfortunately there is no way that laptop is worth that much in 2024. You can get the same core specs of 11th gen i5 (or equivalent Ryzen 5), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD and 1080p display from a reputable brand for this price off the shelf, and there's nothing about this one that would justify buying a used model over a new one.

At the end of the day the market is speaking for itself, you haven't been able to sell it for £350 for a reason. Just doing a quick search for the model number on eBay, multiple units of your spec have sold in recent weeks and the only ones that have broke the £250 mark are professionally refurbished, and even they don't break the £300 mark. £210-£220 seems to be the going rate for your particular config.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=HP+Probook+450+G8&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending