The Student Room Group

Future career concern

I am currently coming up to my A levels and have recently found the desire for a career in the corporate financial landscape.

I am concerned that my GCSE’s which were at a mediocre level of grades and my current grades now (BBB predicted) will impact on my eligibility to get into my desired field.

Is there anything that I can do despite this to boost my chances of getting into the career I want and where to find opportunities to boost my employability?
Reply 1
Your grades will not necessarily affect your chances of going into the career you want, to an extent. It all depends on the route you take i.e. university, apprenticeships internships/placements etc. The best thing would be to study hard and get those grades up but try to develop some of the skills that are sought after. You can also leverage LinkedIn to network and connect with people in your field. They'll give you great advice and some might even provide mentorship opportunities. Just have a genuine interest in the field, stay up to date with relevant current affairs/developments and be proactive with your development. Hopefully all goes well and you'll be swimming in £££.
Original post by moosky
Your grades will not necessarily affect your chances of going into the career you want, to an extent. It all depends on the route you take i.e. university, apprenticeships internships/placements etc. The best thing would be to study hard and get those grades up but try to develop some of the skills that are sought after. You can also leverage LinkedIn to network and connect with people in your field. They'll give you great advice and some might even provide mentorship opportunities. Just have a genuine interest in the field, stay up to date with relevant current affairs/developments and be proactive with your development. Hopefully all goes well and you'll be swimming in £££.

I agree.
Also get plenty of work experience in your desired field. Try to build links with people etc.
If your grades are good enough to get into the uni course/apprenticeship etc you want to do then as long as you work hard, get work experience etc you will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending