The Student Room Group

..Geography...Geography...

alright people,got stuck on these 3 q's in geography....aqa...sum past exam questions....can u help? :

1.)Using one or more examples from your studies explain how river flooding can be prevented (4 marks) < jus cant remember!...cant find textbook either...STRESSED!!
2.)Describe how a river flood plain is formed?You may use diagrams to help you ( 6 marks)
3.)Using one or more examples,describe the land uses found in a lowland river basin.(6 marks)

rgrds
Reply 1
1.)Using one or more examples from your studies explain how river flooding can be prevented (4 marks) < jus cant remember!...cant find textbook either...STRESSED!!
2.)Describe how a river flood plain is formed?You may use diagrams to help you ( 6 marks)
3.)Using one or more examples,describe the land uses found in a lowland river basin.(6 marks)

I suck at Geography but heres what i would put:
1)Using man made methods to stop it like levees and flood walls to stop water overflowing, increase the size of the 'banks', increase the depth of the river bed.
2)LOL dont no
3):frown:
Hey, i'm not 2 gd at physical geog, but isn't the formation of a floodplain got something 2 do with deposition?? Or is that meanders? Anyone?! lol

xx
Reply 3
no1topman
alright people,got stuck on these 3 q's in geography....aqa...sum past exam questions....can u help? :

rgrds

1. dredging of the river (cutting pieces out of the bed so it becomes deeper and wider), the implementation of artificial levees, flood relief canals etc

2. floodplain is formed when the river bursts its bank due to having too much discharge in the channel. when discharge decreases again, sediment is deposited- therefore creating a floodplain

3. land uses? well stuff like development on the floodplain as it is flat (obviously only done when the necessary flood control schemes have been implemented), agriculture (nile floodplain- rich in alluvium from sediment deposits- fertile land :top: )

Latest

Trending

Trending