The Student Room Group

Deloitte BrightStart scheme - Accepted

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hey, i've got an interview coming up and just wondered what type of scenarios they ask you to comment on the e-tray exercise.. also and do they test u on commercial awareness in the competency based interview?
PLEASE HELP! :smile:

THANKS
Reply 21
heyy
i've got an interview coming up and i was just wondering what kind of scenarios they give you on the e-tray exercise that they want u to comment on?
also is there a lot of commercial awareness in the competency based interview..

THANKS!
Reply 22
Original post by mowgli007
heyy
i've got an interview coming up and i was just wondering what kind of scenarios they give you on the e-tray exercise that they want u to comment on?
also is there a lot of commercial awareness in the competency based interview..

THANKS!

Is this your second interview? I have my first one on thursday :/
Reply 23
no ive got my first interview on friday :\ but just wanted to find out more about the later stages.. little bit nervous !
Reply 24
no ive got my first interview on friday :\ but just wanted to find out more about the later stages.. little bit nervous !

Ah i have my first one thursday! let me know how you get on !
Reply 25
Hey got my interview next thursday because i couldnt do this thursday- good luck to everyone, hopefully see you in assessment day! :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by ben05

Original post by ben05
Ah i have my first one thursday! let me know how you get on !

hey how was ur interview?
Reply 27
hey how was ur interview?

Felt it went really well thanks! Question were bog standard. Just waiting for a response! good luck!
Reply 28
I had an interview for the 2011 process, but then was contact to say they had made a mistake and that in fact my office is now full for 2011. So I was pretty gutted about that, but they have transferred my application over to 2012 which now has an testing stage in the offices before the interviews and will probably be more competitive thanks to fees. Great :/
Reply 29
Original post by Wezzler
I had an interview for the 2011 process, but then was contact to say they had made a mistake and that in fact my office is now full for 2011. So I was pretty gutted about that, but they have transferred my application over to 2012 which now has an testing stage in the offices before the interviews and will probably be more competitive thanks to fees. Great :/

WHAT?!?! that is awful. So unfair. When was your interview ?
Reply 30
I got to the SHL tests for numerical and cocked it up, just clicked anywhere as I was low on time. Feel quite gutted! Waiting for a response now!
Reply 31
Original post by iPodTunes
I got to the SHL tests for numerical and cocked it up, just clicked anywhere as I was low on time. Feel quite gutted! Waiting for a response now!

better than me, i got past both of them to the point where they were about to arrange an interview then was told that actually the office was now full :/
Reply 32
Original post by Wezzler
better than me, i got past both of them to the point where they were about to arrange an interview then was told that actually the office was now full :/

Which office! Quite bad that but try lpmg and pwc!,
Original post by iPodTunes

Just for the future, with numerical tests not many people actually complete all the questions, people pass these tests answering only half of the questions. In fact, I'm yet to fail a numerical test and doubt I've ever answered more than 65% of the questions.

Also, although firms don't actually say whether they negatively mark or not it is advisable not to completely guess answers just so you finish the questions.
Reply 34
Original post by Rargistar
Hello

Been waiting for someone else to come along and surely post on here instead but as it has't happened, I thought I might as well.

So bout a Month ago I was accepted onto the Deloitte BrighStart scheme (For Audit, London, 2011..). This is the scheme for people without a degree, and its the first year. So I was really wondering if anyone else has applied or got through? (Feel free to PM me instead?) Are you accepting? Any thoughts at all?

Happy to answer any questions about the recruitment process etc, which quite frankly was brilliant - especially compared to my experience at PwC. They were really fast in everything they did, and the whole thing took at most about 2 and half months really.

Its clear its the Pilot year as the didn't have a proper HR team dedicated just to the scheme or anything like that (it was all done by the experienced Hires HR manager), and the information on the website can be a little misleading as it refers to the Grad scheme and there are some important differences (obviously) but I was really impressed, hence accepting.

Hope to hear from some people?

How was the final assessment day? could you run me through the format? any advice :smile: thanks
Reply 35
Original post by Competencies

Also, although firms don't actually say whether they negatively mark or not it is advisable not to completely guess answers just so you finish the questions.

The Deloitte tests specifically say if you don't know the answer you should give it your best guess and move onto the next question.
Original post by Tateco
The Deloitte tests specifically say if you don't know the answer you should give it your best guess and move onto the next question.

Doesn't really relate to what I'm saying.
Reply 37
Doesn't really relate to what I'm saying.

Did you not read my quote? You're instructing people to not guess on questions when it completely contradicts what the instructions for the [Deloitte] test say.
Original post by Tateco
Did you not read my quote? You're instructing people to not guess on questions when it completely contradicts what the instructions for the [Deloitte] test say.

It is advisable not to completely guess answers just so you finish the questions.

Re-read.
Reply 39
Re-read.

I have... and it still contradicts what the test instructions say. They say if you don't know the answers you should guess and move onto the next questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending