The Student Room Group

Deloitte BrightStart scheme - Accepted

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I've got through to an e tray exercise over the next month or so, but I have no idea what it involves really, as it's a new stage they have brought in before interviews.
Reply 41
Original post by Wezzler
I've got through to an e tray exercise over the next month or so, but I have no idea what it involves really, as it's a new stage they have brought in before interviews.

I have mine this week so i wil let you know how it goes!
Reply 42
Original post by ben05
I have mine this week so i wil let you know how it goes!

ok cool, are you applying for 2011 or 2012?
Reply 43
Original post by Wezzler
ok cool, are you applying for 2011 or 2012?

2011!
Reply 44
Original post by ben05
2011!

see mine is 2012, and they seem to have changed the stages around, to get to the interview stage I need to get past this first, do you know what it involves?
hey do u guys think its too late if i apply right now? are u guys on a gap year because i just finished my Alevels a few months ago n am waiting for the results so im not sure whether im academically qualified or not
Reply 46
Original post by annaeliseme
hey do u guys think its too late if i apply right now? are u guys on a gap year because i just finished my Alevels a few months ago n am waiting for the results so im not sure whether im academically qualified or not

same position as me, if anything it's better to apply before, because I am likely to get less than my predicted grades but now ive got through the screening stage as long as I get 280 points they don't mind.
Original post by Wezzler
see mine is 2012, and they seem to have changed the stages around, to get to the interview stage I need to get past this first, do you know what it involves?

It will be the same as it has been for the previous years I think, they have just changed when you take the test in the recruitment process.

Makes sense really, means they can filter out more people and not interview as many people which must take up a lot of time.
Reply 48
Original post by Wezzler

Do you know what the stages do after this? I have an AC for the scholar scheme but not sure if it's the same.

Does it go AC --> First interview --> Partner interview?

They told us at the insight day that the First interview was on a separate occasion and then the AC and partner interview was on the same day... perhaps it's changed :tongue:
Reply 49
Anyone fancy house/flat sharing who are on the brightstart ?
Reply 50
Hi,

I completed the online tests 2 weeks ago and the site states that they have all been completed but I have heard nothing else since.........anyone any idea is this normal? Should I chase them or will they be in touch? Just seems a long time because with the tests they replied almost straight away?

Advice would be most welcome!

Thanks
Reply 51
Original post by browney18
Hi,

I completed the online tests 2 weeks ago and the site states that they have all been completed but I have heard nothing else since.........anyone any idea is this normal? Should I chase them or will they be in touch? Just seems a long time because with the tests they replied almost straight away?

Advice would be most welcome!

Thanks

It's definitely normal, as I am through to the e-tray exercise for 2012 entry, and they said to send them an email giving them my availability for july and august so they can arrange me to come in and sit it. They are still yet to apply after about two weeks, so don't worry its pretty normal.
Reply 52
Thank you.........you will have to let us know how you get on......and hopefully give some tips ....pretty please! Good luck with it!
Reply 53
Hello
I was just wondering that what would be the best scheme to go on if I am to be leaving college. I want to be a qualified accountant without the debt.

Advice is appreciated
Reply 54
Original post by Wezzler
It's definitely normal, as I am through to the e-tray exercise for 2012 entry, and they said to send them an email giving them my availability for july and august so they can arrange me to come in and sit it. They are still yet to apply after about two weeks, so don't worry its pretty normal.

When I got that message I replied the day afterwards and got a reply the day after that, so it isn't really...
Reply 55
Original post by ...mo...
Hello
I was just wondering that what would be the best scheme to go on if I am to be leaving college. I want to be a qualified accountant without the debt.

Advice is appreciated

Brightstart or KPMG school leavers. Not sure if PwC or E&Y do the scheme
Reply 56
Original post by Tateco
When I got that message I replied the day afterwards and got a reply the day after that, so it isn't really...

i'm going to phone tomorrow to check. What office are you applying for?
Reply 57
Original post by Wezzler
i'm going to phone tomorrow to check. What office are you applying for?

Sorry I'm getting myself confused, I applied for the scholar scheme, not the leavers :colondollar:
Hello, i have been researching this scheme and am very interested so could you please answer a few of my questions: How long does the scheme run for? What qualifications you gain if any? and what a-levels did you study and if you don't mind.. what results you got? Just as an outline of how tough it is to get in :smile: thank you very much in advance guys!
Reply 59
Original post by Rargistar
Hello

Been waiting for someone else to come along and surely post on here instead but as it has't happened, I thought I might as well.

So bout a Month ago I was accepted onto the Deloitte BrighStart scheme (For Audit, London, 2011..). This is the scheme for people without a degree, and its the first year. So I was really wondering if anyone else has applied or got through? (Feel free to PM me instead?) Are you accepting? Any thoughts at all?

Hope to hear from some people?

Hiya I was planning to apply to the same scheme as you, location included, however I am now also thinking of applying for the Scholars scheme... however I can't do both, so I just wondered if you could give any further details into what you've achieved so far/how's it going?
It didn't seem to mention on the website, but are you working towards an ACCA then? And how do you find the London office?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending