The Student Room Group

Deloitte BrightStart scheme - Accepted

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hey I've just had my e-tray exericse for 2012 audit london.

I wanted to know how people on this scheme from last year are finding.
Do you do the ACA?

Also what is the starting salary in london?
Reply 61
Original post by xXACEXx
Hey I've just had my e-tray exericse for 2012 audit london.

I wanted to know how people on this scheme from last year are finding.
Do you do the ACA?

Also what is the starting salary in london?

How long did the e-tray last? Was it difficult and was they only you there completing it or was they a few candidates?

I've got mine this week!
Thanks
Reply 62
e-tray was 60 min, after that 40 min essay question exercise.

i found it kind of hard coz you cant really prepare for it plus its quite time pressured.
Reply 63
Original post by xXACEXx
e-tray was 60 min, after that 40 min essay question exercise.

i found it kind of hard coz you cant really prepare for it plus its quite time pressured.

Ok got mine tomorrow, was they only you?
Reply 64
Original post by no1_titch
Ok got mine tomorrow, was they only you?

No there was like 5 others. You applying for london office audit?
Reply 65
Original post by xXACEXx
No there was like 5 others. You applying for london office audit?

Nope applying for Nottingham, Tax. I found the first part reasonable, I decided to read all the e-mails and info in project folders before replying which helped. The second part was difficult though.
Reply 66
lol got rejected from deloitte - unsucessful at the e-tray. But thank god i have ernst young offer
Hiya thanks for all the useful information so far.
I am applying to the Deloitte Scholar Scheme to begin in 2012. I have passed the psychometric tests and have got an e-tray exercise in London on Wednesday (26th) and have a few questions about it:
1. What the dress code for the e-tray day? What did you guys wear?
2.Was it about the company Trafford Lea used in the example on their website?
3. Is there any preparation I can do for the activity itself or the exam afterwards or is it all entirely based upon information give on the day.

If anyone has any questions about the test I will be happy to help and I will post when i have finished the e-tray with any tips i pick up,

Thankyou
Reply 68
Original post by DoctorEggman
Hiya thanks for all the useful information so far.
I am applying to the Deloitte Scholar Scheme to begin in 2012. I have passed the psychometric tests and have got an e-tray exercise in London on Wednesday (26th) and have a few questions about it:
1. What the dress code for the e-tray day? What did you guys wear?
2.Was it about the company Trafford Lea used in the example on their website?
3. Is there any preparation I can do for the activity itself or the exam afterwards or is it all entirely based upon information give on the day.

If anyone has any questions about the test I will be happy to help and I will post when i have finished the e-tray with any tips i pick up,

Thankyou

I would suggest you wore a suit, with shirt and tie. This was what I wore when I attended my e-tray.
The company is Trafford Lea, however there isn't any preparation I would suggest.

On the day I would suggest delving into the project folders before replying to e-mails :wink:

The second part is harder! How ever I think it would be unfair to disclose the question details on the other people taking it.

Good luck, I passed mine :biggrin:
I would suggest you wore a suit, with shirt and tie. This was what I wore when I attended my e-tray.
The company is Trafford Lea, however there isn't any preparation I would suggest.

On the day I would suggest delving into the project folders before replying to e-mails :wink:

The second part is harder! How ever I think it would be unfair to disclose the question details on the other people taking it.

Good luck, I passed mine :biggrin:

Thankyou! I'll get the suit out.

Yeah that's fair enough, I think I get the general idea of the question from other posts etc. and should be ok.

Thanks again :smile:

What have you applied for and which office?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 70
how did you e-tray go?
Reply 71
My dad is a partner at delliote.... but he wont help me !! :frown: I am applying for Tax at Leeds on the bright start scheme. On the second question "please explain your understanding of the core activities undertaken by your chosen service line and the value they add to their clients. Tax is a massive area.... pointers anyone? should I focus on one area and be specific? Helpppp :s-smilie:
how did you e-tray go?

Meh, not that great -i'm not too sure.
The actual e-tray and responding to emails went really well: advice was really helpful thanks.

It was the writing exercise that got me - i spent a bit too long reading the info and making notes on a notepad leaving me not long enough to write the thing.

I wrote a lot for the first company, less for the second and barely any for the third. I also only checked through once which I don't think is enough to pick up all spelling mistakes and grammar errors.

Haven't got my result yet, so I'll have to wait and see but im not that confident tbh.
Original post by laurie93
My dad is a partner at delliote.... but he wont help me !! :frown: I am applying for Tax at Leeds on the bright start scheme. On the second question "please explain your understanding of the core activities undertaken by your chosen service line and the value they add to their clients. Tax is a massive area.... pointers anyone? should I focus on one area and be specific? Helpppp :s-smilie:

I just essentially para-phrased from the section of the website - wrote what i thought i would be doing - I know tax is a huge area but you don't have to include anything. I wrote about the environment I imagined i would be working in.

I don't think this part of the application is too important (but obviously don't know for sure) so no need to worry :smile:

Hope this helps and good luck :smile:
Reply 74
God .... its hard!! errrmmm, so could you please inbox me what you put to give me some ideas .... i need this so bad, but dont worry i wont copy yours out lol that would be silly !! :smile:
Reply 75

Look on the Deloitte website... all the things they WANT to here are there. Just a pointer from the brightstart page:

In Tax, you may be required to assist in the following, but this will vary depending on which department you will join:
Preparation of tax computations and returns
Corresponding with clients and tax authorities
Working with customs and excise
Providing local and international tax consulting solutions
Advising our multinational clients' tax and finance teams on the pricing of goods, services, intellectual property and finance transactions across international borders.
Translating the legal framework into practical advice and innovative thinking.
Advising on all aspects of international tax planning for staff being sent abroad by UK companies and sent to the UK by large multinationals
Providing consulting and tax expertise to clients

If you don't do your research you will get caught out! http://careers.deloitte.com/united-kingdom/students/csc_general.aspx?CountryContentID=16732
Reply 76

Preparation of tax computations and returns
Corresponding with clients and tax authorities
Working with customs and excise
Providing local and international tax consulting solutions
Advising our multinational clients' tax and finance teams on the pricing of goods, services, intellectual property and finance transactions across international borders.
Translating the legal framework into practical advice and innovative thinking.
Advising on all aspects of international tax planning for staff being sent abroad by UK companies and sent to the UK by large multinationals
Providing consulting and tax expertise to clients

Those are things listed that school leavers are expected to do on their site.
If your dad works there, why is he being such an ass and not helping you? Surely your parents would to help you into a position that would be advantageous to you.
Reply 77
guys random question, for the e-tray exercise, was the answering format multiple choice style?

and am i right in then thinking you guys would recommend reading all the e-mails first before replying?

*Subscribes*
I passed my e-tray :biggrin: :biggrin:

Original post by FireRam
guys random question, for the e-tray exercise, was the answering format multiple choice style?

and am i right in then thinking you guys would recommend reading all the e-mails first before replying?

yeah when you are answering the emails you have 3 choices of reply.

Yes, I would recommend reading all of the information in the information folders before you start replying to the emails. Also, watch out for emails with attachments - they are quite easy to miss and you need them to answer some of the questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending