The Student Room Group

Deloitte BrightStart scheme - Accepted

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
How is everyone getting on? Anyone else through to the final stage yet?
Original post by no1_titch
How is everyone getting on? Anyone else through to the final stage yet?

I passed my e-tray and I have my first interview tomorrow :smile:

I saw from another thread that you had your partner interview. Have you already had it? How did it go? :smile:

Any tips for the first interview and group activity I have to do tomorrow? :wink:

Cheers
Reply 82
I've got it friday! Sorry only just seen your post but they only advise I'd have given is to keep calm :biggrin:
Reply 83
Have you recieved your topic for the partner interview? I also have made it to the partner interview, currently waking on an interview date.. What sort of things are you required to talk about in the presentation?

And just wondering what the starting salary for the brightstart scheme is roughly, as this seems to be information which is difficult to aquire?
Original post by TSR-KM
Have you recieved your topic for the partner interview? I also have made it to the partner interview, currently waking on an interview date.. What sort of things are you required to talk about in the presentation?

And just wondering what the starting salary for the brightstart scheme is roughly, as this seems to be information which is difficult to aquire?

You have to do a presentation?! *_*
Reply 85
yeah, deloitte will set you an interview topic before your interview date. then you will be required to do a 5 minute presentation on it followed by competancy based questions
Reply 86
Original post by TSR-KM
yeah, deloitte will set you an interview topic before your interview date. then you will be required to do a 5 minute presentation on it followed by competancy based questions

The topic is a business doing well/badly, why and what differentiates them for there competitors. In terms of a competency based interview I'd say this is very unlikely. Your must likely to get a few career motivation questions and the rest will be a flowing conversation between you and the partner.
Original post by no1_titch
The topic is a business doing well/badly, why and what differentiates them for there competitors. In terms of a competency based interview I'd say this is very unlikely. Your must likely to get a few career motivation questions and the rest will be a flowing conversation between you and the partner.

How many people will be at the presentation? I'm not so good with speaking. :colondollar:
Reply 88
it will be just you and the interviewer
Original post by TSR-KM
it will be just you and the interviewer

Oh thank god. I'm okay with 1-1, large crowds with me stage fright!
Hi all,

I joined Tax - Global Employer Services at Deloitte through the 2011 BrightStart scheme. I'm happy to answer any questions.
Original post by Rargistar
Indicative Salary is just over 20k (Basically starts off at 75% of Graduate Salary, and I think reaches 100% after 15 months, can't be sure though), which is actually less than I expected (Probably was being optimistic). Can't be sure but I think I've heard that's more than what the other Big 4 are paying.

Selection Process for me was: Application, Online Verbal, Online Numerical test, First interview with manager, then assessment day (Same as graduates, case study etc, Lunch out, then partner interview)

And thanks! :smile:

hey dude! i take it uv been working with them for a year now? just wondering how much ur salary has increased by..

wud be nice to know..thanks
Reply 92
Original post by Sullivan1993
Hi all,

I joined Tax - Global Employer Services at Deloitte through the 2011 BrightStart scheme. I'm happy to answer any questions.

How are you finding it so far?

Any moments where you've felt like 'I wish I'd been told this before I started'?

Also, what's the starting salary like?
Reply 93
Please explain your understanding of the core activities undertaken by your chosen service line and the value they add to their clients
(max 100 words in bullet point format)

Please let us know what you think you will be doing in your first year on your chosen programme and service line

Can anyone help me with these during the application form. Tax was full so I applied for audit, but don't really know much about it :/ Cheers
Reply 94
As with "Sullivan1993", I also joined Deloitte through the Bright Start scheme in the 2011 intake - at the Bristol office in Audit, so if anyone has any questions then I am happy to answer them :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by buzzer55
Please explain your understanding of the core activities undertaken by your chosen service line and the value they add to their clients

Please let us know what you think you will be doing in your first year on your chosen programme and service line

Can anyone help me with these during the application form. Tax was full so I applied for audit, but don't really know much about it :/ Cheers

A good starting point would be looking through the Deloitte website, A lot of the info that you need to get an idea how to answer those questions is on there, e.g in the 'what will I be doing' section at http://careers.deloitte.com/united-kingdom/students/csc_general.aspx?CountryContentID=16732

Also check the 'People's profiles' section on the bright start pages as they also help to give an idea about what you will be doing and some experiences that people have already had with the firm on this scheme.
Reply 96
Original post by adam225
As with "Sullivan1993", I also joined Deloitte through the Bright Start scheme in the 2011 intake - at the Bristol office in Audit, so if anyone has any questions then I am happy to answer them :smile:

Hi I wanted to ask how are you finding the scheme? what is the difficulty of the CFAB exams like and what kind of work do you currently carry out?

thanks
Reply 97
What's the £ like?
I'm not sure how much we can say about the starting salary due to competitors etc. However, it is very competitive. I haven't regretted anything about joining and would definitely choose it over university everytime. As Adam said, it's good to look through the website and the people's profiles to make sure you are making the right decision.
Is there still time to apply for the 2012 one? I'm very interested but not sure if the deadline has gone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending