The Student Room Group

Personal statement after failing uni twice

I want to work towards full ACCA qualification and thought I'd do that through the uni route but failed first year twice. Not because I am struggling with the material but because I let life and mental health get in the way. Anyway, since not being able to continue due to no funding I'm currently working full time to save up. I stayed busy with work so I could be physically drained so that falling asleep with mountained worries won't be hard. Basically, doing anything and everything to keep me from thinking about this. But now I don’t know what to write in my personal statement to apply to uni. Due to corona my A-levels (maths, economics and business) were also quite *****y. If anything, just good GCSEs. That's it.

I am trying to apply to Kingston, Greenwich, Anglia ruskin, Middlessex, Birkbeck (not sure about this one). Chose these unis from list uni that offer the most exemptions from ACCA and these specifically because apparently they’re easy to get into. Any tips on how to apply to unis with my circumstance or broaden my qualifications/ skills? I was thinking level 3 apprenticeships but might be too late for that since they’re a year long. Any other clue? Any other route anyone would recommend except the uni? I am still hoping any route that’s mixed with atleast part time studies or something because I want to finish uni. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also how can I ask anyone directly involved in the workforce for advice? I literally have convo with customers that work in finance but it can only go so far at work :/
Original post by forthisonetime
I want to work towards full ACCA qualification and thought I'd do that through the uni route but failed first year twice. Not because I am struggling with the material but because I let life and mental health get in the way. Anyway, since not being able to continue due to no funding I'm currently working full time to save up. I stayed busy with work so I could be physically drained so that falling asleep with mountained worries won't be hard. Basically, doing anything and everything to keep me from thinking about this. But now I don’t know what to write in my personal statement to apply to uni. Due to corona my A-levels (maths, economics and business) were also quite *****y. If anything, just good GCSEs. That's it.

I am trying to apply to Kingston, Greenwich, Anglia ruskin, Middlessex, Birkbeck (not sure about this one). Chose these unis from list uni that offer the most exemptions from ACCA and these specifically because apparently they’re easy to get into. Any tips on how to apply to unis with my circumstance or broaden my qualifications/ skills? I was thinking level 3 apprenticeships but might be too late for that since they’re a year long. Any other clue? Any other route anyone would recommend except the uni? I am still hoping any route that’s mixed with atleast part time studies or something because I want to finish uni. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also how can I ask anyone directly involved in the workforce for advice? I literally have convo with customers that work in finance but it can only go so far at work :/

Hello,,, can I help you out
Original post by WincyWayne
Hello,,, can I help you out

yes please, any advice?

I'm currently looking into Higher Education Diploma to fill in the gaps for a-levels
Original post by forthisonetime
hey

Latest

Trending

Trending