The Student Room Group

I need to get into Investment Banking before uni

I have a summer internship at the FCA. But, I need to get into IB, either IBD or equity research. What are my options going forward? I was planning to reapply to summer internships in my final year and a few ib grad schemes using my FCA experience as the core to everything. I also have a few uni committee positions and on track for a 2.1 (not a first unfortunately). What else could I do and does the fact I don't have an investment banking in my second year drag my chances and what could I do to tally this (if thats a possibility)? I appreciate any tips or comments.
Original post by finance12345
I have a summer internship at the FCA. But, I need to get into IB, either IBD or equity research. What are my options going forward? I was planning to reapply to summer internships in my final year and a few ib grad schemes using my FCA experience as the core to everything. I also have a few uni committee positions and on track for a 2.1 (not a first unfortunately). What else could I do and does the fact I don't have an investment banking in my second year drag my chances and what could I do to tally this (if thats a possibility)? I appreciate any tips or comments.

Hey I was just wondering if you'd be able to give some advice on the AC that you had to do for the summer internship at the FCA, mine is coming up soon and I've been trying to prepare. I would really appreciate it!! Thank you in advance
Reply 2
Original post by jdiskalloasosks
Hey I was just wondering if you'd be able to give some advice on the AC that you had to do for the summer internship at the FCA, mine is coming up soon and I've been trying to prepare. I would really appreciate it!! Thank you in advance

Hey, I am in the same boat, I was wondering if you had found some info from people on here about preparation - I think the format has slightly changed for this year, have you had you AC yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending