The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Official University of Edinburgh Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Edinburgh Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Edinburgh.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

A tracking form has been created so that you can see when offers/interviews are being given out.

Link to this year's form: https://forms.gle/BCX6DzDrR1bfjp1EA
Please be aware you will need your TSR user ID to complete the form. If you don't know how to find this, click here.

2024 form responses:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fPp6Gq7T8zk1fVcztMEjH1e5xPzPE6QeQ8aDWJRu8MI/edit?usp=sharing

Note: All data you share is at your own risk, the forms and resources linked here are not controlled by The Student Room Group Ltd. If you have any issues, please tag a member of the Universities Volunteer team (in purple and cyan at the bottom of this page). For more information please click here.
(edited 4 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I am applying for Biomed at Uni of edinburgh, glasgow, strathclyde, St Andrews and Napier my grades are AAAAA at higher and I’m doing 2 advanced highers and a higher this year! What’s everyone else applying for?
(edited 7 months ago)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
hey! i’ve applied for classics & english lit :smile: i take english lit, history & fine art
Reply 3
Hi! I’ve applied for civil engineering and I do maths physics and chem for a levels
:smile:
Reply 4
Hi! I'm applying for BSc Physics with Direct Entry into Second Year. I take maths, further maths, physics and chemistry, predicted 4A*
Reply 5
Hi! I applied last application cycle for deferred entry into Philosophy and English Lit (so will be starting uni in 2024), I got AAABD in my Highers (English, History, Modern studies, Music, and RMPS, would need to check which grade was which) and would be happy to help anyone using the little knowledge I have from my own experience applying.
Reply 6
I'm applying for law and international relations and i take English, Application of Mathematics, Modern Studies, History and RMPS at higher. I'm also applying to Edinburgh Napier, Strathclyde, Aberdeen and Dundee/Glasgow Caledonian University
Reply 7
I’m applying for international business with German, and I take business, economics and German for a level predicted a*a*a
(edited 5 months ago)
Hi, I’m applying for French & Politics in S5 I got AAAA at Higher and A at N5. This year I’m doing 2 AH’s and 2 Higher’s I’m also applying to Glasgow, Strathclyde, and Stirling but I’ve not chose a fifth choice yet!
Reply 9
Hii everyone!
My UCAS form has just gone in last week for 2024 entry.

I'm looking to do i) Linguistics and ii) Linguistics + Social Anthropology (that does mean that 40% of my UCAS choices are for Edinburgh!)

Unfortunately, Ediburgh is slightly too far from South Wales, where I'm from, to make any open day visits equitable...

Please do get in touch if you're also applying for the above two courses, I'd love to meet other applicants in the same boat!
Reply 10
Hi! I’m applying for BSc geography . I’m doing 2 adv H (geo and art) and 2 Highers (maths and Environmental sci) . 🙂 anyone else applying to geo?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by KimGrrr
Hi! I applied last application cycle for deferred entry into Philosophy and English Lit (so will be starting uni in 2024), I got AAABD in my Highers (English, History, Modern studies, Music, and RMPS, would need to check which grade was which) and would be happy to help anyone using the little knowledge I have from my own experience applying.

Hi, I heard Edinburgh don't like deferred entry... did you have to submit a convincing 'excuse' or did they just accept you wanted a gap year?
Hello! I'm actually a current international postgrad student at UoE, but I'm applying again to complete another program here next year. Feel free to ask any questions about anything Edinburgh-related!

My current program: MSc Global Crime, Justice, and Security
Applying for: MSc International and European Politics
French with intl business - 3 a stars achieved . gap year
Original post by kijeta
Hii everyone!
My UCAS form has just gone in last week for 2024 entry.

I'm looking to do i) Linguistics and ii) Linguistics + Social Anthropology (that does mean that 40% of my UCAS choices are for Edinburgh!)

Unfortunately, Ediburgh is slightly too far from South Wales, where I'm from, to make any open day visits equitable...

Please do get in touch if you're also applying for the above two courses, I'd love to meet other applicants in the same boat!

I have applied for linguistics and social anthropology! I don’t know anyone else applying for anywhere like this so i was kind of hoping it was unpopular so we would end up with offers a bit earlier than standard lol

It’s my second choice after durham and i’ve heard that both are infamously slow with offers so would love to hear if anyone gets an offer for edinburgh at any point :smile:
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Edinburgh Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Edinburgh.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Does anyone know when the application tracker spreadsheet for 2024 applications will be created? Xx
Hi im wanting to apply for law at edinburgh university this year. I am S5 and taking higher english, modern studies, politics, media and business. In my national 5s i received AABBBC and have appealed the C and a B to hopefully receive a better grade. Any advice for my application as i know i haven’t done well in my nat5s, do i still have a chance of getting in?
Reply 17
Comment below if you've received an offer, or just applied xx

also, when do they normally give out their offers, I haven't got mine and I sent in my application 4 weeks ago xx
I just applied for Architecture at Edinburgh but haven’t received anything yet apart from the confirmation email.
Original post by tara_alh
Comment below if you've received an offer, or just applied xx

also, when do they normally give out their offers, I haven't got mine and I sent in my application 4 weeks ago xx

depends where you have applied- i’ve had one offer from york (yay) but i’ve heard that durham and edinburgh are notoriously late ones! as with some others that prefer to wait until january to start giving offers! where else have you applied?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending