The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Official University of Strathclyde Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Strathclyde Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Strathclyde.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Scroll to see replies

It’s a bit quiet in here, so i’ll start off. I applied for History and economics, I did attend one open day for Strathclyde where i fell in love with the campus. I am quite nervous to start university as it’s far away from home, however I know it’ll be so worth it!
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
Has anyone heard back from Aeromech yet?
Reply 3
Hi, I submitted UCAS in November for Scots Law. Received unconditional 5 days later from Dundee Uni but nothing from Strathclyde yet. Nerve racking!
Original post by Anonymous #1
It’s a bit quiet in here, so i’ll start off. I applied for History and economics, I did attend one open day for Strathclyde where i fell in love with the campus. I am quite nervous to start university as it’s far away from home, however I know it’ll be so worth it!

Hi I applied for history too !! Has anyone received a history offer yet ?
Original post by Anonymous #2

I just received an unconditional!!
I just received an unconditional!!

Congrats on your offer!! that's great news!! 😀🎉
Reply 7
I’ve applied for English and Media and communication and I’ve not heard anything. Has anyone else?
Original post by Mazzad
I’ve applied for English and Media and communication and I’ve not heard anything. Has anyone else?

My friend applied to a similar course and he hasn't heard anything either
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous #3
My friend applied to a similar course and he hasn't heard anything either

Thanks for saying. I’ve heard back from Paisley and Napier. Just hate this waiting game.
Original post by Anonymous #2

No but I have applied for history as well
Will i be able to change my course from one course to another? I’ve just had a change in heart and realised what i applied for wasn’t my passion but was what my family wanted me to do. I feel very stuck and I think I need to change my course. I’ve received an offer from strathclyde which is a uni I love and want to continue my education there. I was told I should email admissions but i’m not sure if that’s a good idea.
Reply 12
Original post by Mazzad

I applied for English and I received an unconditional in December.
Reply 13
Original post by secchis
I applied for English and I received an unconditional in December.

That’s great! If you don’t mind me asking, what Highers do you have? I have four As and I’m wondering if that will be good enough to get me a conditional offer.
Reply 14
Original post by Mazzad
That’s great! If you don’t mind me asking, what Highers do you have? I have four As and I’m wondering if that will be good enough to get me a conditional offer.

I have 4 As at higher , English, geography, French and history. I also sat Nat 5 maths in s5 instead of another higher.
(edited 2 months ago)
Will i be able to change my course from one course to another? I’ve just had a change in heart and realised what i applied for wasn’t my passion but was what my family wanted me to do. I feel very stuck and I think I need to change my course. I’ve received an offer from strathclyde which is a uni I love and want to continue my education there. I was told I should email admissions but i’m not sure if that’s a good idea.

Hey Anon! Which course have you applied for and what would you like to change to? Let me know and I can advise from there, or drop me a PM if you'd rather 🙂

Caitlin 🎓️
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Original post by University of Strathclyde

Hey Anon! Which course have you applied for and what would you like to change to? Let me know and I can advise from there, or drop me a PM if you'd rather 🙂

Caitlin 🎓️

I’ve applied for history and i want to do something like software engineering. I know it’s quite a change which is why i understand that i may not be able too.
I’ve applied for history and i want to do something like software engineering. I know it’s quite a change which is why i understand that i may not be able too.

Hello! In that case as it's such a big change I'd say you should get in touch with the Computer & Information Sciences department to see what they can advise. Their email address is: [email protected].

I can't guarantee that they'd be able to make a switch like that but at least if you ask you'd know you tried and got an answer. If that's not possible then you could maybe consider taking a year out and re-apply next year if you meet the entry requirements.

Hope that helps a bit but let me know how you get on.

Caitlin 🎓️
Original post by Cattycal
Hi, I submitted UCAS in November for Scots Law. Received unconditional 5 days later from Dundee Uni but nothing from Strathclyde yet. Nerve racking!

I also applied for Scots Law at Glasgow Uni and Strathclyde and I haven’t heard back from them yet.
Original post by Mazzad

I applied for english and media courses too still no response

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending