The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Official University of Glasgow Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry

Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students who have gotten an offer from @University of Glasgow for 2024 entry! You can chat with other offer holders, and see if you can find someone who could be in your class next year <3! also, let us know what A Levels/other qualifications you are taking and the course you applied for!!

Click here to join other university offer holder threads!
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, my name is Dyl and I am going to be studying the Professional Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) (Mathematics - Graduates Only) in August 2024. I completed my undergraduate degree at Stirling University.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
I've been accepted into the MSc Global History program this fall, coming from the States.
Reply 3
Hi! I'm Charlie, and I've been accepted onto the MA Philosophy course! I currently do biology, psychology and religious studies at A-Level! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by douthiee
Hi! I'm Charlie, and I've been accepted onto the MA Philosophy course! I currently do biology, psychology and religious studies at A-Level! :smile:

Congrats! Do you mind me asking your predicted grades and what grades Glasgow asked for? Did you apply last year or more recently? (Trying to work out when I might hear, though I’ve applied for a different subject). Thanks.
Reply 5
Original post by Cicero4325
Congrats! Do you mind me asking your predicted grades and what grades Glasgow asked for? Did you apply last year or more recently? (Trying to work out when I might hear, though I’ve applied for a different subject). Thanks.

Thank you very much! I'm predicted 3A* and Glasgow asked me for AAB (although I am a contextual applicant so it may be a bit lower than for others: I can't remember what the actual general offer is!) I applied in October and got my offer in November! I wouldn't worry about it too much: Scottish unis are notoriously late with giving out offers, but I hope you get yours soon! What have you applied for? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by douthiee
Thank you very much! I'm predicted 3A* and Glasgow asked me for AAB (although I am a contextual applicant so it may be a bit lower than for others: I can't remember what the actual general offer is!) I applied in October and got my offer in November! I wouldn't worry about it too much: Scottish unis are notoriously late with giving out offers, but I hope you get yours soon! What have you applied for? :smile:

That’s a great set of predicted grades, very well done. I applied late November for Classics, predicted 3 As at A level, home (Scottish) student, contextual. Curious to see what they offer (if they do, fingers crossed!) because the quoted contextual grades on the website are only shown for Highers.
(edited 2 months ago)
I’m from the US and received a conditional offer from Glasgow for BEng in Biomedical Engineering. Applied Nov 27, offer received Nov 28. I have listed Glasgow as my insurance choice.
Reply 8
i have an unconditional in french/italian! 5As at higher, scottish student.
I have unconditional for Economics & Business at Glasgow and also unconditional for International Business at Edin Uni. I don't know which one to go for....
I’ve got an unconditional for microbiology. Currently studying chemistry and maths at advanced higher and English at higher
Reply 11
i've got an unconditional offer for MA Archaeology starting sept 2024, still waiting to hear back from my other choices before i make a decision though :smile:
Original post by a_tweedie
i've got an unconditional offer for MA Archaeology starting sept 2024, still waiting to hear back from my other choices before i make a decision though :smile:

Hii! When did you apply for Erasmus?
Original post by a_tweedie

Congratulations!
i currently have a unconditional for Film and Philosophy! am a scottish student who took a year out between finishing high school and starting uni but i took advanced english and advanced drama in my last year 🙂 i havnt firmed anything yet as im still waiting to hear back from one uni
(edited 2 months ago)
Did anyone apply for Erasmus on Jan 2024?
Reply 16
I received an offer for the MFA, which I am very excited about. The offer indicated that I should reply within 2 weeks. Is this a strict deadline? Can I ask for an extension? Or do I even need to ask? While GSA is currently my top choice, I would like to hear back from other programs to make an informed decision. I am from the US/California, so it so I am trying to learn everything I can about the program and Glasgow (which seems great).
I got an offer for Common Law last night! I'm taking Business, Economics and History at A-Level, and the Maths AS.
Reply 18
Hi everyone, I have an unconditional for molecular and cellular biology with biotechnology :smile:
I got an unconditional offer for the Education in Museums and Heritage program. Still waiting for the scholarship results 🤞🏼

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending