The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Rejection from Queen’s Univeristy Belfast

I’m a mature age student, have just got a rejection on UCAS from Queen’s University for an Undergraduate Mental Health Nursing degree. The required IB score is listed on the website as 29 (no specific subject requirements). I have a 37 in the IB, meaning that I scored far more than the required entry mark. Could there be another reason to not even be granted an interview? Reference? Personal Statement?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clogrove88
I’m a mature age student, have just got a rejection on UCAS from Queen’s University for an Undergraduate Mental Health Nursing degree. The required IB score is listed on the website as 29 (no specific subject requirements). I have a 37 in the IB, meaning that I scored far more than the required entry mark. Could there be another reason to not even be granted an interview? Reference? Personal Statement?

It will almost certainly be something else. The only way to find out is to ask them,
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
I'm guessing their IB offer would be 29 points with 555 at HL, (most likely needing Biology/Human Biology, Chemistry, Life & Health Sciences, Mathematics or Physics at HL). So if you meet that I agree, you'd need to ask for feedback.

Hi there,
I'm also a mature student and have required GCSES, Alevels and hold a degree. I got rejection from QUB for Midwifery, no interview either. Waiting to hear for Nursing. Nursing would be my first choice but not holding out much hope when received rejection and not even an interview 😕

I have applied for adult children and mental health I haven't heard anything back, have you contacted them to ask why ?
Reply 5
my IB results were fine in the end, however I completed it ten years ago and they didn’t accept a level 5 NVQ which I completed three years ago as evidence of having studied within the past five years.
my IB results were fine in the end, however I completed it ten years ago and they didn’t accept a level 5 NVQ which I completed three years ago as evidence of having studied within the past five years.

I didnt realise you needed to have academic results from the past 5 years? Ekk. Im out as my degree is approx 8 years ago.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I didnt realise you needed to have academic results from the past 5 years? Ekk. Im out as my degree is approx 8 years ago.

Oh my god me either i completed adult access course must be 7 years ago, but I didn't get a rejection so I'm hoping it's ok

Universities usually require evidence of recent study. You could take a 1 year access course. They are designed for mature students.
Has their interview invites started ?
The
Original post by swanseajack1
Universities usually require evidence of recent study. You could take a 1 year access course. They are designed for mature students.

Not ideal adding another year onto studies to be fair when youve studied alevels, degree etc already but if its required next year will have to do I suppose 😕
Hi has anyone heard about interviews yet ?
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi has anyone heard about interviews yet ?

Hi, I just came on here looking for a chat to see if anyone's heard about interview. I haven't heard yet. Thought I would have by now
Original post by Anonymous #3
Hi, I just came on here looking for a chat to see if anyone's heard about interview. I haven't heard yet. Thought I would have by now

I haven't but my friend has
Reply 15
I haven't but my friend has

Really? My nerves are wrecked checking emails every 2 mins 🙈😆
Original post by shellsmck
Really? My nerves are wrecked checking emails every 2 mins 🙈😆

I know same here, the fact we didn't get a rejection on ucas means where still being considered maybe ? Ah I just want to know already
Ekkk. So they have started to send out interview invites? I havent heard about nursing interview yet either. Just that rejection from Midwifery in Jan.
Ekkk. So they have started to send out interview invites? I havent heard about nursing interview yet either. Just that rejection from Midwifery in Jan.
I'm still waiting patiently 🤦🏼*♀️ Ulster have starting there invites aswel & interviews start Monday
I'm still waiting patiently 🤦🏼*♀️ Ulster have starting there invites aswel & interviews start Monday
Me too!! Are you a mature student also? No news is good news I hope!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending