The Student Room Group

French 2023 AQA A-Level Paper 2 (Writing)

Hi everyone. I would really appreciate some advice on what sort of questions were asked in the June 2023 French Paper 2 AQA exam. I am studying Au Revoir Les Enfants and Un Sac de Billes so any tips would be greatly appreciated. If any of you can remember the two questions for each one that would be even better as I have already made plans for all the exam series published on the website. Thank you so much.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by KMILM
Hi everyone. I would really appreciate some advice on what sort of questions were asked in the June 2023 French Paper 2 AQA exam. I am studying Au Revoir Les Enfants and Un Sac de Billes so any tips would be greatly appreciated. If any of you can remember the two questions for each one that would be even better as I have already made plans for all the exam series published on the website. Thank you so much.

hi, i am also doing un sac de billes!
I did 2023 paper 2 in my mock last week - I can pm you if you want?
Reply 2
Original post by erin11

Hi Erin. This would be fantastic thank you so much - it is greatly appreciated!
Reply 3
Original post by erin11

can you pm me as well please i have my mock tomorrow and it is a 2023 paper about un sac de billes
Original post by abigail.ox
can you pm me as well please i have my mock tomorrow and it is a 2023 paper about un sac de billes

@abigail.ox @KMILM check pm's :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by erin11

Merci beaucoup Erin this is brilliant! (Sorry it wouldn’t allow me to reply to the pm).
Reply 6
Original post by erin11

thank you ❤️

hey! how did your exam go?
Reply 8
Original post by erin11
hey! how did your exam go?

it went well i wrote out my whole essay before and literally memorised everything 😂
it went well i wrote out my whole essay before and literally memorised everything 😂

glad to hear it went well!
hi i am also doing un sac de billes and la haine

ive got my mocks next week. have you got any tips for writing the essays? and what kind of questions might come up?

thank you!
Original post by isabellag0093
hi i am also doing un sac de billes and la haine

ive got my mocks next week. have you got any tips for writing the essays? and what kind of questions might come up?

thank you!

keep the points you want to make relatively concise and don't overcomplicate - you want your answer to be clear for the examiner to see that you deserve top marks for your analysis 😉
if you can remember quotes, that's great and feel free to include them but if you can't remember any, I wouldnt stress too much about it as you can still score highly without using quotes !
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by erin11
keep the points you want to make relatively concise and don't overcomplicate - you want your answer to be clear for the examiner to see that you deserve top marks for your analysis 😉
if you can remember quotes, that's great and feel free to include them but if you can't remember any, I wouldnt stress too much about it as you can still score highly without using quotes !

also make sure to use complex grammar like si clauses pronouns and a range of different tenses to score highly
Original post by erin11

please could you pm me aswell xx
Reply 14
Hey Erin. I wanted to know how the translations were in paper 1… if you could lmk that would be awesome!
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by llama223
Hey Erin. I wanted to know how the translations were in paper 1… if you could lmk that would be awesome!
hello! I didn't do very well on them due to silly mistakes but overall I didn't think that they were too bad!!
I recommend:

looking at different words other than plus/moins etc which all refer to quantities

review all your grammar in detail - especially conditional + subjunctive

LEAVE YOURSELF ENOUGH TIME TO CHECK YOUR ANSWERS PROPERLY - I didn't give myself enough time to check properly so missed a lot of the mistakes that I made

good luck!
Reply 16
Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending