The Student Room Group

App repeatedly crashing on particular threads or searches

Problem Summary

Problem Details
As above . The screen goes blank if I type phrases in search box eg ‘BoE’, ‘bank of England intern’ . Also particular threads crash, the Oxford Parents Group hit example. I can access the site on a desktop, but not mobile version on phone

Device
Mobile

Browser
TSR App

Link

Additional Information
I have tried deleting and reinstalling app. I use iPhone 14. I have no problems with any other app. It’s incredibly frustrating.
Original post by Cbt33
Problem Summary

Problem Details
As above . The screen goes blank if I type phrases in search box eg ‘BoE’, ‘bank of England intern’ . Also particular threads crash, the Oxford Parents Group hit example. I can access the site on a desktop, but not mobile version on phone

Device
Mobile

Browser
TSR App

Link

Additional Information
I have tried deleting and reinstalling app. I use iPhone 14. I have no problems with any other app. It’s incredibly frustrating.

Just to clarify, is the app crashing on any search you make, or just specific terms? :smile:
Original post by Cbt33
Problem Summary

Problem Details

Device
Mobile

Browser
TSR App

Link

Additional Information

Thanks for reporting the problem and sorry for the frustration. We can replicate the crash in the search using boe and can see an error occurring.
Are the threads crashing the app when you open them from the search or from other places too (home page, topics)?
Thank you for any extra information.
Reply 3
The BoE one is From the search page. I’ve not tried them via topics. However it’s also crashing from some threads via notifications - eg ‘depressed about Oxford Offer’. But not all threads via notifications. It’s v odd. I can open them via the desktop mode on my phone, but that’s a faff..
Reply 4
Just to clarify that it is the access via the app that is the problem.
Thank you, I can replicate a crash issue with the ‘depressed about Oxford Offer’ thread too.
Original post by Cbt33
Problem Summary
Problem Details
Device
Mobile
Browser
TSR App
Link

Additional Information

Hi, if you update to the new version of the app (I believe 1.14.1) then this should be fixed! If not, please let me know and we can look into it further for you :biggrin:
Original post by RainbowLapras
Hi, if you update to the new version of the app (I believe 1.14.1) then this should be fixed! If not, please let me know and we can look into it further for you :biggrin:

I’m also experiencing this issue in the latest update
Original post by Talkative Toad
I’m also experiencing this issue in the latest update

On search, or threads? The update is only for the search term issue, we'll have another fix soon for the thread page issue some people are getting :smile:
Original post by RainbowLapras
On search, or threads? The update is only for the search term issue, we'll have another fix soon for the thread page issue some people are getting :smile:

On threads. They’ll be specific threads that I want to access but those specific threads will crash on the app.
Reply 10
I’m having the same problem as above. Specific threads I follow crash the app
Original post by Cbt33

Okay thank you for letting me know! Are the searches working okay for you now? :smile:
Reply 12
I think so!! Thank you.
Original post by Cbt33

Original post by Talkative Toad
On threads. They’ll be specific threads that I want to access but those specific threads will crash on the app.

Hey both! This should be fixed on the newest version, can you let me know if you're still seeing the issue, please? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending