The Student Room Group

˗ˏˋ A Year 13's GYG Blog ´ˎ˗

Hey, I'm Summer!

I'm a Year 13 doing Psychology (AQA), English Literature (AQA) and English Language (Edexcel). After looking through a few other people's GYG, I've found them super motivating and decided to start one of my own as I'm new to TSR!! :tongue:

°˖✧✿✧˖°

I'm currently predicted BBC, but I'd really love to get higher grades in my actual exams. I struggle a lot with my mental health, especially so last year, which wasn't ideal as it means my first year of doing A Levels is virtually a complete blank for me :s-smilie:

I'm hoping that starting this blog and tracking my progress will help me to stay motivated by looking back at my improvements. I'll update as often as I remember to!

°˖✧✿✧˖°

Unrelated to academics, I'm writing a novel as well as trying to finish my first album, both of which I'm always happy to rant about :biggrin:

I hope you're all doing well, here's to this blog I suppose lol

Scroll to see replies

@emm4nuella @erin11 @Tatakae L @milktee @study23! @AspiringSurvivor @heartz4moushi come say hi to my friend who is new to gyg! I'm sure you'll all give her a very warm welcome 🙂 We're all here to support you my lovely 💌
Hiya! Hope you’re well, I’d like to tag along :smile:

Hopefully you’ll achieve the grades you want!

What are you planning to study at university with those A Levels?
Reply 3
Hi! Nice to meet you, and welcome to the gyg community 😁 we're all pretty chill here but we will make sure you meet your goals 🙌💪

Also... NOVEL AND ALBUM?! When both are ready send them hereeeee
hey Summer :smile:
Original post by Summer_Academiq

Hey, I'm Summer!

I'm a Year 13 doing Psychology (AQA), English Literature (AQA) and English Language (Edexcel). After looking through a few other people's GYG, I've found them super motivating and decided to start one of my own as I'm new to TSR!! :tongue:

°˖✧✿✧˖°

I'm currently predicted BBC, but I'd really love to get higher grades in my actual exams. I struggle a lot with my mental health, especially so last year, which wasn't ideal as it means my first year of doing A Levels is virtually a complete blank for me :s-smilie:

I'm hoping that starting this blog and tracking my progress will help me to stay motivated by looking back at my improvements. I'll update as often as I remember to!

°˖✧✿✧˖°

Unrelated to academics, I'm writing a novel as well as trying to finish my first album, both of which I'm always happy to rant about :biggrin:

hellooooooo :biggrin:, i also do aqa psychology omg!! welcome to grow your grades ❤️ also a fellow year 13 hehe! glad to hear you are a friend of kayleigh's :smile:
welcome to gyg!! lovely to have you here and can't wait to follow along you journey😊 good luck <33
Original post by madzzzzina

Hey, thank you! :smile:

I'm hoping to study either Psychology or Criminology, I honestly haven't decided yet haha!
Original post by heartz4moushi
welcome to gyg!! lovely to have you here and can't wait to follow along you journey😊 good luck <33

Hey, thank you! :] <3
Original post by emm4nuella
hellooooooo :biggrin:, i also do aqa psychology omg!! welcome to grow your grades ❤️ also a fellow year 13 hehe! glad to hear you are a friend of kayleigh's :smile:

Hey, nice to see another AQA person around, haha! Kayleigh convinced me to start one of these so I'm going to try and do her proud lol
Original post by beautifulworld
hey Summer :smile:

Hey, nice to meet you :]
Original post by study23!
Hi! Nice to meet you, and welcome to the gyg community 😁 we're all pretty chill here but we will make sure you meet your goals 🙌💪

Also... NOVEL AND ALBUM?! When both are ready send them hereeeee

Hey, nice to meet you too! I'm glad to hear it haha

I absolutely will share them here when they're ready, I'm glad you're interested as I'm really loving working on them phht :smile:
Reply 12

Hey, I'm Summer!

°˖✧✿✧˖°

°˖✧✿✧˖°

WELCOME TO TSR AND GYG 🤍 glad you're taking a step towards that motivation you want for a levels, we'll all follow along with your journey and help you along the way <3
and you're writing A NOVEL AND AN ALBUM?? that's actually so sick omg, defo looking forward to the finished products 💪

Hey, I'm Summer!

°˖✧✿✧˖°

°˖✧✿✧˖°

OOH hiya love and welcome to gyg, I take psych too and im a yr12 student. I bet you can get the grades you want babe and we will be here to watch you sucseed <3
And omds, same im writing my own book tooo, which id rant about if it was actually good💀. Its enough for me to mention it loll.

Heres to me stalking along your jouney along with the rest of us gyg gambits :smile:
Hey, nice to see another AQA person around, haha! Kayleigh convinced me to start one of these so I'm going to try and do her proud lol

You'll always do me proud😗

I'm hoping to study either Psychology or Criminology, I honestly haven't decided yet haha!

Oooh interesting!!

How are you finding the English A Levels?? Props to you honestly, I despised English at GCSE and was so glad we could choose our subjects for A Levels lol.

Oooh interesting!!

How are you finding the English A Levels?? Props to you honestly, I despised English at GCSE and was so glad we could choose our subjects for A Levels lol.
As an alevel lit student myself, I can say I'm suffering 😭 I love the in class discussion and analysing the texts for the first time but when it comes to writing actual essays I'm out haha! I think that's what comes from me being an avid reader and someone who is VERY open and talkative about what I think about books 🙂 But honestly props to @Summer_Academiq for doing both Englishes, I could never 😭
Reply 17

Oooh interesting!!

omg glad i found someone else who despises gcse english 😭🙏 i'm so ready to drop english for life when i pick my a levels
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by kayleigh_t.27

Oooh interesting!!

As an alevel lit student myself, I can say I'm suffering 😭 I love the in class discussion and analysing the texts for the first time but when it comes to writing actual essays I'm out haha! I think that's what comes from me being an avid reader and someone who is VERY open and talkative about what I think about books 🙂 But honestly props to @Summer_Academiq for doing both Englishes, I could never 😭

Omgg I am a super slow writer when it comes to essays so I acc struggled to finish my answers during my exams, still dk how I managed to get an 8 in Language bc that was my least fave subject (hated it more than Physics WHICH IS RLLY SAYING SMTH 😭)

I think if I did do it at A Level it would put me off reading books. I’m more of a science-maths person and I only found out end of Year 12 that in A Level Biology we have to write an essay? LIKE??? IN SCIENCE???

Each to their own I guess. I’ve learnt in my 18 years of living that either you’re a Mathsy person or an English lover, never both 😂
Original post by milktee

Oooh interesting!!

omg glad i found someone else who despises gcse english 😭🙏 i'm so ready to drop english for life when i pick my a levels

Dw there’s quite many of us who don’t like it 😭 what you thinking of picking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending