The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Law

Hi, I’m looking for revision tips or model answers for ocr a level law!
Original post by Lila.saw
What parts of the Alevel do you do? I do criminal, tort and contract
Reply 2
Original post by alevelstudiesmo
What parts of the Alevel do you do? I do criminal, tort and contract

Same! I find Contract so difficult.. any revision tips?
Hiii, I also do OCR A Level Law and do crime, tort snd contract. (I despiseeeee contract so much 😭)

For revision tips:

Make mind maps for section B (problem qs) and and learn the evaluation essays reslly well too.
put them as your main priority as they are 60/80 marks and you can still so amazingly well with just that.
Section A for P1&2 is just wayyy too much info and is less important as its only 20/80 marks so should be bottom of priority. I personally just use flashcards for section A topics and try to just learn the main points for the 12 markers and then hopefully you can waffle your way through them to get at least 10-14/20 in section A which will aid your grade massively.

If you want just a B, stick w just focusing on section B and eval and leave section A tbh, but if your aiming for A/A*, learn it all super well.

What i do for section B is to make a mind map of a topic w all the cases and points of law, make it colourful/memorable for me, memorise it by blurting the mind map until i genuinely know it all off by heart, and then if i have time and willpower, do a past paper q on that topic and get a teacher to look over your A02, as your A01 should be perfect if youve memorised it well.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Aqsa.7806
Hiii, I also do OCR A Level Law and do crime, tort snd contract. (I despiseeeee contract so much 😭)
For revision tips:
Make mind maps for section B (problem qs) and and learn the evaluation essays reslly well too.
put them as your main priority as they are 60/80 marks and you can still so amazingly well with just that.
Section A for P1&2 is just wayyy too much info and is less important as its only 20/80 marks so should be bottom of priority. I personally just use flashcards for section A topics and try to just learn the main points for the 12 markers and then hopefully you can waffle your way through them to get at least 10-14/20 in section A which will aid your grade massively.
If you want just a B, stick w just focusing on section B and eval and leave section A tbh, but if your aiming for A/A*, learn it all super well.
What i do for section B is to make a mind map of a topic w all the cases and points of law, make it colourful/memorable for me, memorise it by blurting the mind map until i genuinely know it all off by heart, and then if i have time and willpower, do a past paper q on that topic and get a teacher to look over your A02, as your A01 should be perfect if youve memorised it well.

Hey I do contract as well!! don't suppose you know what the essay question was last year? I'm struggling with evaluations .
Original post by avdlnx
Same! I find Contract so difficult.. any revision tips?

If you have model answers, use them to make mind maps ( nes to look at as a simplified version), make quizzes(involve pictures), I've stated using my revision cards in the format of questions and answers instead of just placing the info on it. Also past paper questions assisted by the model answers and without.
The only thing I can't help with is the consistency and the load of it, I still haven't gotten the hang of it yet.
For revision tips:

How do you deal with the consistency. I have weekly assessments for contract until exam season and it usually takes me a while to prep for it and then learn it. Do you have any advise on how you would do that alongside actually revising paper 1?
Original post by avdlnx
Hey I do contract as well!! don't suppose you know what the essay question was last year? I'm struggling with evaluations .

No i don’t unfortunately
Original post by alevelstudiesmo
How do you deal with the consistency. I have weekly assessments for contract until exam season and it usually takes me a while to prep for it and then learn it. Do you have any advise on how you would do that alongside actually revising paper 1?

Ill be honest im struggling with the consistency myself too. I think the best way to do it is spend an hour each day on revising a previous topic too. So revise new topics for 1 or 2 hours for example, and then spend around an hour or half an hour on a previous topic too so you maintain what you’ve already memorised

Lets hope we all do wellll im a bit scared that my mind is gonna go blank in the exam 😭 and section a is soooo much to revise too unnecessarily.
Ill be honest im struggling with the consistency myself too. I think the best way to do it is spend an hour each day on revising a previous topic too. So revise new topics for 1 or 2 hours for example, and then spend around an hour or half an hour on a previous topic too so you maintain what you’ve already memorised
Lets hope we all do wellll im a bit scared that my mind is gonna go blank in the exam 😭 and section a is soooo much to revise too unnecessarily.

Thank you. Honestly there's a lot of respect to the students who did Law before, because I am wondering how those A* students even managed it.
Reply 10
has anyone’s teachers given predictions for evaluative essays ? papers 1&2&3?
Original post by Lila.saw

hey guys I posted all the past questions from the past four years it’s on my post
Original post by avdlnx
has anyone’s teachers given predictions for evaluative essays ? papers 1&2&3?

Honestly its not worth the risk to just revise based on predictions, just learn it all. I would defo say tho that the evals that came up last year should be on the bottom of priority. E.g. consent has been on twice now, so its extremely unlikely it’ll be on another time so ill still learn it but just not as intensely as the others. Instead i feel like the non-fatals may come up as an eval tbh, so ill revise that and the others well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending