The Student Room Group

COMPETITION - Could you be crowned the Creator of TSR's Ultimate Study Playlist?

WELCOME! :tongue:

Introducing The Student Room's Ultimate Study Playlist Competition! :banana:

Submission Period: 12pm on the 15th March 12pm on the 29th March

Are you ready to unleash your inner maestro? TSR presents the Ultimate Study Playlist Competition 2024, where your musical prowess could earn you some exciting prizes... Here are the rules to hit the right notes: :ahee:

VOTING IS OPEN

Voting is now open! How to vote?
Each entry is linked below, take a look at all of the entries and cast your vote in this thread by responding with the name of the user you'd like to vote for, results will be tallied and revealed on the 10th April at 3pm! ONE VOTE PER PERSON, If you have entered, share the love and cast your vote for someone else... it's that simple! :danceboy:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :flute:

Submission Window: Mark your calendars! The competition opens on the 14th of March and closes on the 28th March, giving you two weeks to craft the perfect list.
Text Submissions Only: No Spotify or Apple Music links, please! Share your playlist as a text entry to keep it anonymous and exciting.
Song Limits: Strike the right balance Minimum 10 songs, maximum 20. Quality over quantity, maestros!
Unleash Your Creativity: This isn't just about songs; it's an art form! Get as creative as possible - draw inspiration from movies, TV shows, or weave a musical tale, feel free to give your playlist a theme, the more creative, the better!
The Pitch: Alongside your submission, provide a short summary explaining why your playlist deserves the coveted title of TSR's Ultimate Study Playlist.

Voting Period: 2nd 9th April at 5pm
Once the playlists are in, it's time to let the audience be the judge! A week-long voting period will commence, allowing TSR members to cast their votes for the playlist that strikes a chord with them... Links to vote will be shared when voting opens!

Prizes Await...
The stakes are high! :danceboy: so if you enter you'll be in for some exciting prizes.

First place:crown: - Not only will you be crowned the Creator of TSR's Ultimate Study Playlist, but you'll also receive 100 rep points and a 3-month Spotify gift card.

Second place - Runner-up will receive 50 rep points :cool:

Third place - Will go on to receive 25 rep points! :h:

We can't wait to see what you create! best of luck to everyone who decides to enter :five:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CamembertPaws
WELCOME! :tongue:

Introducing The Student Room's Ultimate Study Playlist Competition! :banana:
Submission Period: 12pm on the 15th March 12pm on the 29th March
Are you ready to unleash your inner maestro? TSR presents the Ultimate Study Playlist Competition 2024, where your musical prowess could earn you some exciting prizes... Here are the rules to hit the right notes: :ahee:

Submission Window: Mark your calendars! The competition opens on the 14th of March and closes on the 28th March, giving you two weeks to craft the perfect list.

Text Submissions Only: No Spotify or Apple Music links, please! Share your playlist as a text entry to keep it anonymous and exciting.

Song Limits: Strike the right balance Minimum 10 songs, maximum 20. Quality over quantity, maestros!

Unleash Your Creativity: This isn't just about songs; it's an art form! Get as creative as possible - draw inspiration from movies, TV shows, or weave a musical tale, feel free to give your playlist a theme, the more creative, the better!

The Pitch: Alongside your submission, provide a short summary explaining why your playlist deserves the coveted title of TSR's Ultimate Study Playlist.

Voting Period: 3rd 10th April
Once the playlists are in, it's time to let the audience be the judge! A week-long voting period will commence, allowing TSR members to cast their votes for the playlist that strikes a chord with them... Links to vote will be shared when voting opens!
Prizes Await...
The stakes are high! :danceboy: so if you enter you'll be in for some exciting prizes.

First place:crown: - Not only will you be crowned the Creator of TSR's Ultimate Study Playlist, but you'll also receive 100 rep points and a 3-month Spotify gift card.

Second place - Runner-up will receive 50 rep points :cool:

Third place - Will go on to receive 25 rep points! :h:

We can't wait to see what you create! best of luck to everyone who decides to enter :five:
DON'T FORGET TO TAG YOUR ENTRIES BELOW
very excited for this!! :biggrin:
Original post by emm4nuella
very excited for this!! :biggrin:

So are we! :banana:
Original post by camembertpaws
welcome! :tongue:

introducing the student room's ultimate study playlist competition! :banana:
submission period: 12pm on the 15th march 12pm on the 29th march
are you ready to unleash your inner maestro? Tsr presents the ultimate study playlist competition 2024, where your musical prowess could earn you some exciting prizes... Here are the rules to hit the right notes: :ahee:

submission window: mark your calendars! The competition opens on the 14th of march and closes on the 28th march, giving you two weeks to craft the perfect list.

text submissions only: No spotify or apple music links, please! Share your playlist as a text entry to keep it anonymous and exciting.

song limits: strike the right balance minimum 10 songs, maximum 20. Quality over quantity, maestros!

unleash your creativity: this isn't just about songs; it's an art form! Get as creative as possible - draw inspiration from movies, tv shows, or weave a musical tale, feel free to give your playlist a theme, the more creative, the better!

the pitch: alongside your submission, provide a short summary explaining why your playlist deserves the coveted title of tsr's ultimate study playlist.

voting period: 3rd 10th april
once the playlists are in, it's time to let the audience be the judge! A week-long voting period will commence, allowing tsr members to cast their votes for the playlist that strikes a chord with them... Links to vote will be shared when voting opens!
prizes await...
the stakes are high! :danceboy: so if you enter you'll be in for some exciting prizes.

first place:crown: - not only will you be crowned the creator of tsr's ultimate study playlist, but you'll also receive 100 rep points and a 3-month spotify gift card.

second place - runner-up will receive 50 rep points :cool:

third place - will go on to receive 25 rep points! :h

we can't wait to see what you create! Best of luck to everyone who decides to enter :five:
don't forget to tag your entries below
oooh this competition was made for me🥳🥳🥳🥳
(edited 1 month ago)
ooh this looks exciting, can't wait !!!
Original post by halfharry
oooh this competition was made for me🥳🥳🥳🥳

Yes!! Can't wait to see what you create :ahee:
ABBA, ABBA, and more ABBA :teehee:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
ABBA, ABBA, and more ABBA :teehee:
Nothing beats a bit of ABBA :ahee:
do we just post entries on here or do we send them as a PM?
Original post by erin11

I believe @CamembertPaws wants the entries posted in here but just as text so no links to Spotify or anything :smile:

I'm so excited to see everyone's entries! Reminds me of the time I really upset @Evil Homer by confessing I'd made a playlist that only included songs by either Tina Turner or the Prodigy... :biggrin:
Original post by Pwca
I believe @CamembertPaws wants the entries posted in here but just as text so no links to Spotify or anything :smile:
I'm so excited to see everyone's entries! Reminds me of the time I really upset @Evil Homer by confessing I'd made a playlist that only included songs by either Tina Turner or the Prodigy... :biggrin:
thanks, just wanted to double check :smile:
Original post by erin11
Text entries on this thread work or if you want to create your own thread because that works better then link it here that's fine as well :h:
My Playlist:

Glass House - mgk, Naomi Wild

Dancing in My Room - 347aidan

It Was A Good Day - Ice Cube

Revenge - XXXTENTACION

Floor Seats (Please Text Back) - Moxas

Psycho! - MASN

Gym Class - Lil Peep

Never With You Again - Chri$tian Gate$

BLUE MOON - $NOT, Taddi Jones

under the weather - CORPSE

castle with the cobwebs - sadeyes

MISTAKE - NF

fools (can't help falling in love) - Foster, Sody, Sarcastic Sounds

golden hour - JVKE

WHERE DOES YOUR SPIRIT GO? - The Kid LAROI

no balls - Powfu, Skinny Atlas

it only gets worse, i promise - EKKSTACY

Dead and Cold - SadBoyProlific

FALLING DOWN - Kxliswxtch

my ultimate study playlist:

nocturne interlude - Laufey

from the start - Laufey

ive never been in love before - Chet baker

passacaglia no7 in g minor - G.H. Handel

r&r - Berlioz

wash my sins away - Berlioz

Clair de Lune - Debussy

Black Friday - Tom Odell

The Swan - Saint-Saens

Not strong enough - boygenius

True Blue - boygenius

I like a chill pop/classical/jazz mix when I'm studying
(edited 1 month ago)
Idk how good this playlist is but ah well we'll try. 😂

My Pitch: This playlist is calm, and it reminds me of studying on a rainy day with a candle besides you. Studying isn't ideal, so I like to romanticise it, and these slower or more sentimental songs makes it feel like a movie moment to me, making me more motivated to revise. It has a mix of newer and older songs, and there's probably at least one song that everyone doesn't know. I think it caters to people who like different genres, and I hope it will be worthy of TSR.

the lakes by Taylor Swift

Somewhere Only We Know by Keane

Another love by Tom Odell

The Less I Know The Better by Tame Impala

Ghost in the Machine by SZA

After Hours by The Weeknd

Daylight by David Kushner

Make This Go On Forever by Snow Patrol

Chemtrails Over The Country Club by Lana Del Rey

The Chain by Fleetwood Mac

Smooth Operator by Sade

making the bed by Olivia Rodrigo

Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood

Bags by Clairo

Ordinary World by Duran Duran

This Woman's Work by Kate Bush

I Wanna Be Yours by Arctic Monkeys

Waiting Room by Phoebe Bridgers

Washing Machine Heart by Mitski

Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears

Original post by study23!

My Pitch: This playlist is calm, and it reminds me of studying on a rainy day with a candle besides you. Studying isn't ideal, so I like to romanticise it, and these slower or more sentimental songs makes it feel like a movie moment to me, making me more motivated to revise. It has a mix of newer and older songs, and there's probably at least one song that everyone doesn't know. I think it caters to people who like different genres, and I hope it will be worthy of TSR.

Smooth Operator by Sade

Bags by Clairo

There are some great choices on here! Another Love by Tom Odell is a personal fave :biggrin:
Original post by erin11
my ultimate study playlist:

nocturne interlude - Laufey

from the start - Laufey

ive never been in love before - Chet baker

passacaglia no7 in g minor - G.H. Handel

r&r - Berlioz

wash my sins away - Berlioz

Clair de Lune - Debussy

Black Friday - Tom Odell

The Swan - Saint-Saens

Not strong enough - boygenius

True Blue - boygenius

I like a chill pop/classical/jazz mix when I'm studying

Oooo some on here I've not heard of before, I love the idea of some jazz music though :h:
Original post by study23!

Smooth Operator by Sade

Bags by Clairo

omg I love Clairo, Phoebe bridgers and Mitski!!
Original post by taylor2317
My Playlist:

Glass House - mgk, Naomi Wild

Dancing in My Room - 347aidan

It Was A Good Day - Ice Cube

Revenge - XXXTENTACION

Floor Seats (Please Text Back) - Moxas

Psycho! - MASN

Gym Class - Lil Peep

Never With You Again - Chri$tian Gate$

BLUE MOON - $NOT, Taddi Jones

under the weather - CORPSE