The Student Room Group

I dont know what to do

All year long I fancied a girl at uni but shes not on my course. When we first saw each other she was giving me signals but I always thought its too busy and they will be a better time to approach her. Shes very hard to read, shy and very religious as well in the way she dresses so its always harder to approach. I managed to approach her just before charismas holidays but it was too busy and I coudnt tell in the way she responded if she was interested. When we came back from hols she still used to make eye contact whenever she saw me etc and I could tell in her behaviour she was interested. I still never managed to have a proper chat with her. Just recently I managed to approach her again, it was very quiet and when she saw me she made eye contact and when i spoke to her she responded but shes hard to read and I still couldnt tell if she was interested, she was behaving weirdly like trying to keep up to me as I was walking. Its the month of Ramadhan and she was very religiously dressed and I thought theres no point chatting to her now. Ive just realised that when were back from hols we only have a couple of weeks left of uni and even then i might only see her a couple of times and only have a small window of opportunity to approach her. I dont know how to go about it with a religious girl.

Scroll to see replies

Its difficult to say. If shes making eye contact she wants to talk but I understand she may be self conscious in ramadhan. Next time you see her just approach her again. If she didnt want to talk and it was the 2 of you in a quiet setting she would have bounced.
Reply 2
Why does she keep making eye contact if she doesnt want to talk? Also when i do approach her again im going to have to ask her for her socials because it could be the last time i ever see her.how can i say everything i need to say in such a small space of time?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
Why does she keep making eye contact if she doesnt want to talk? Also when i do approach her again im going to have to ask her for her socials because it could be the last time i ever see her.how can i say everything i need to say in such a small space of time?

Because that's what people do, unless they are incredibly shy or have an issue; they make eye contact. Do all your friends stare at the ground when they talk to you?

Just say you'd like to keep in touch after uni and if she would also like to, you'll swap contact details. That's all. You don't know her enough to say more at this time.
Reply 4
From my point of view giving out your social details to someone your interested in is fine. I have not had 1 proper conversation with her, i dont know her name or what course she does. Religious islamic girls do not give out their details to someone who they have had 1 conversation with. Then theres the problem of putting her on the spot when i next see her, she might be walking in front of me and its going to be difficult trying to get her attention and saying what i need to say in a small amount of time.

I guess all i can do is try.
Original post by Surnia
Because that's what people do, unless they are incredibly shy or have an issue; they make eye contact. Do all your friends stare at the ground when they talk to you?
Just say you'd like to keep in touch after uni and if she would also like to, you'll swap contact details. That's all. You don't know her enough to say more at this time.

A girl wont make eye contact with you unless shes interested.

They certainly dont if they dont want you to talk to them.
Original post by Anonymous #1
From my point of view giving out your social details to someone your interested in is fine. I have not had 1 proper conversation with her, i dont know her name or what course she does. Religious islamic girls do not give out their details to someone who they have had 1 conversation with. Then theres the problem of putting her on the spot when i next see her, she might be walking in front of me and its going to be difficult trying to get her attention and saying what i need to say in a small amount of time.
I guess all i can do is try.

Sounds tricky.

It sounds like you see her in passing so I guess its the only way to get her attention. It will most likely put her on the spot. If its the only way to approach her you got to do what you got to do. If shes interested she wont mind. If she isnt she will probably let you know.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous_98743
Sounds tricky.
It sounds like you see her in passing so I guess its the only way to get her attention. It will most likely put her on the spot. If its the only way to approach her you got to do what you got to do. If shes interested she wont mind. If she isnt she will probably let you know.

Its difficult though because shes shy. When you put girls on the spot they feel under pressure but its the only way
Reply 8
Hopefully I should see her next week but I dont have many more opportunities to ask her for her socials. I still dont even know her name or what she does and I just cant tell if shes open to talking.
Original post by Anonymous
Hopefully I should see her next week but I dont have many more opportunities to ask her for her socials. I still dont even know her name or what she does and I just cant tell if shes open to talking.

Well all you can do is try. You wont lose anything.
I missed all my chances to build a rapport with her, all year long its been driving me crazy. The mixed signalss. Now i have to approach her once again to ask for socials. Ive had no banter with her. Never made her laugh or had a proper conversation. How am i supposed to ask for her snapchat?
I missed all my chances to build a rapport with her, all year long its been driving me crazy. The mixed signalss. Now i have to approach her once again to ask for socials. Ive had no banter with her. Never made her laugh or had a proper conversation. How am i supposed to ask for her snapchat?

Only you know the situation best. It will be hard in passing but try and do it casually.

You approached her recently right? She didnt seem dismissive. So next time she sees you she will be looking for a response or sign from you. Use that to your advantage if you can.
You approached her recently right? She didnt seem dismissive. So next time she sees you she will be looking for a response or sign from you. Use that to your advantage if you can.

Yes I did and decided not to drag out the conversation. Barely had one. Its like she was trying to get my attention but knew she was in a religious state. If she wasnt interested she wouldnt have responded. Shes just hard to read. Its confusing.
Your the one who walked away right after you approached her? I dont think theres any harm in approaching her again.

Normally its good that you didnt come on too strong with this girl but like you said you dont have much time left so next time you see her just go for it.
Your the one who walked away right after you approached her? I dont think theres any harm in approaching her again.
Normally its good that you didnt come on too strong with this girl but like you said you dont have much time left so next time you see her just go for it.

I approached her before Christmas, when i say approach she was already lurking nearby - she responded but it was awfully busy but then walked away. I remember she looked back. Then after the hold when we were back I kind of didnt give her much attention and she started to give me some attention with the glances and eye contact, trying to sit next to me etc at breaks. It carried on for a couple of months and now recently when we were finally alone she made eye contact but at the same time looked very shy. She was walking right behind me so I just approached her. I should have at least asked her what course shes on but I didnt.

Shes a shy religious girl so how am I supposed to casually ask her for snapchat after 1 brief conversation?
I approached her before Christmas, when i say approach she was already lurking nearby - she responded but it was awfully busy but then walked away. I remember she looked back. Then after the hold when we were back I kind of didnt give her much attention and she started to give me some attention with the glances and eye contact, trying to sit next to me etc at breaks. It carried on for a couple of months and now recently when we were finally alone she made eye contact but at the same time looked very shy. She was walking right behind me so I just approached her. I should have at least asked her what course shes on but I didnt.
Shes a shy religious girl so how am I supposed to casually ask her for snapchat after 1 brief conversation?

Only you can figure this out. You know the situation best. If its in passing it will be a bit harder.

It sounds like shes been into you a while as well. If she is it wont be too hard asking for socials.
Only you can figure this out. You know the situation best. If its in passing it will be a bit harder.
It sounds like shes been into you a while as well. If she is it wont be too hard asking for socials.

It will though because shes just too shy in public. it is a bit of an awkward situation as well but hopefully i opened the door for a proper convo. Ill just have to wait till shes back and take it from there.

She isnt a smiley person. shes very reserved. Even if i can have a proper convo with her it will be difficult to ask for socials.
It will though because shes just too shy in public. it is a bit of an awkward situation as well but hopefully i opened the door for a proper convo. Ill just have to wait till shes back and take it from there.
She isnt a smiley person. shes very reserved. Even if i can have a proper convo with her it will be difficult to ask for socials.

When I approached her I just kind of walked away without saying anything so it might be a bit awkward when i see her next
All year long I fancied a girl at uni but shes not on my course. When we first saw each other she was giving me signals but I always thought its too busy and they will be a better time to approach her. Shes very hard to read, shy and very religious as well in the way she dresses so its always harder to approach. I managed to approach her just before charismas holidays but it was too busy and I coudnt tell in the way she responded if she was interested. When we came back from hols she still used to make eye contact whenever she saw me etc and I could tell in her behaviour she was interested. I still never managed to have a proper chat with her. Just recently I managed to approach her again, it was very quiet and when she saw me she made eye contact and when i spoke to her she responded but shes hard to read and I still couldnt tell if she was interested, she was behaving weirdly like trying to keep up to me as I was walking. Its the month of Ramadhan and she was very religiously dressed and I thought theres no point chatting to her now. Ive just realised that when were back from hols we only have a couple of weeks left of uni and even then i might only see her a couple of times and only have a small window of opportunity to approach her. I dont know how to go about it with a religious girl.

1. Approach her.
2. Talk about studies for a little bit.
3. Ask if she wants to stay in touch.
4. If she does, exchange socials. If she doesn't, move on.
5. You can handle it from there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending