The Student Room Group

Help with accounting apprenticeship/ future job/ interest dilemma.

Hi, I started a career in audit with a big 4 firm 2 years ago as an apprentice working towards the ACA. I don't mind what I do - it's not the most interesting but not horrendous either and I know I can stick with it. I recently however found a strong interest in coding, automating systems (like creating rules that cause certain things) and software. How can I link these 2 together or make the best of this situation? For reference I have never really had a passion for anything other than sports and gaming, both of which don't rlly pay too well unless you make it big so having an interest in coding really has got me excited and I've had this interest for near 6 months now. What is the best plan of action after getting my ACA that can combine a job that pays well alongside something that has maybe a bit of coding and stuff? I also don't want to waste my ACA so just need a few tips. Hopefully this sorta makes sense.
Reply 1
I think you could find loads of options. Well worth posting on every accounts related career forum going.

Software support for ERP system advisory companies?
Could you consider a degree in CS following your apprenticeship?
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
I think you could find loads of options. Well worth posting on every accounts related career forum going.
Software support for ERP system advisory companies?
Could you consider a degree in CS following your apprenticeship?

I don't think I'd consider another degree but I was wondering if there's a role within accounting/finance that can involve coding/software?
Reply 3
Original post by TheFish1014
I don't think I'd consider another degree but I was wondering if there's a role within accounting/finance that can involve coding/software?

There are loads. Plenty of jobs supporting ERP systems, or working with financial systems at a software supplier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending