The Student Room Group

SQA English

Hi there, I was just wondering what the marking process for English is. For external folio work, I mean. Do they automatically check every piece of work submitted for the likes of plagarism and AI generated text? Or only if they think there might be evidence of that? Surely they don't have time to physically check every one as they're mostly all physical copies. Just wondering as my piece is showing up with a false positive for AI generated content and I'm a bit worried. Thanks.
Original post by vie8893
Hi there, I was just wondering what the marking process for English is. For external folio work, I mean. Do they automatically check every piece of work submitted for the likes of plagarism and AI generated text? Or only if they think there might be evidence of that? Surely they don't have time to physically check every one as they're mostly all physical copies. Just wondering as my piece is showing up with a false positive for AI generated content and I'm a bit worried. Thanks.

Goes through a scanner I think 🙂 hope it goes ok and if it’s only small bits I don’t think they will worry
Reply 2
Original post by Zesty lemon
Goes through a scanner I think 🙂 hope it goes ok and if it’s only small bits I don’t think they will worry

I know they scan for plagiarism, but with how inconsistent ai detection is I’m pretty sure they just get the teachers to make sure the students aren’t using it. I could be wrong but this is what I’ve heard 🤷*♂️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending