The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
www.monster.co.uk
www.milkround.com

Can't say I could recomend them personally, I tend to get jobs through paper applications, registering with agencies and personal contacts. Cheers.
www.justjobs4students.co.uk might be a good one for students, tho most the jobs seem like residential ones, there are a couple of normal ones on there. another student job site is www.e4s.co.uk which has got free offers and stuff on aswell.
Spiral

hehe, you must live near me...

Anyway, another good one is www.hotrecruit.co.uk
Reply 7
Can I just say that Hotrecruit is total gash...

Thank you.
Reply 8
I eventually got a job at Marks and Spencer through applying online. :smile:

www.marksandspencer.com
Oh this is heaven.

I've been trying to find a job for ages, now here's a thread on job websites.

YES.
Reply 10
can links to places that allow online application go in here too?? if so theres:

www.debenhams.com
www.safeway.com
www.tesco.com
Reply 14
purplerainbow
are connexions effective in finding you a job?

If you book and appointment with them and talk to a personal advisor about getting a job, they'll register you on their database, with types of work you want to do. You'll then get letters through the post from them with info. on jobs that have become available matching your type of job you want. I got a useful one this morning, i think i'll go and see them about it tomorrow! The connexions website also has a useful local vacancies section, go on google and search Connexions and then where your from(county), there are loads of up to date jobs on there for whatever area your from, very useful site! :smile:
Reply 15
Oh and connexions also do interview practices with feedback if you want to practice them and see what an experienced person thinks.
Reply 16
emma155
If you book and appointment with them and talk to a personal advisor about getting a job, they'll register you on their database, with types of work you want to do. You'll then get letters through the post from them with info. on jobs that have become available matching your type of job you want. I got a useful one this morning, i think i'll go and see them about it tomorrow! The connexions website also has a useful local vacancies section, go on google and search Connexions and then where your from(county), there are loads of up to date jobs on there for whatever area your from, very useful site! :smile:

I found some jobs in connexions. In the end, I decided not to apply, as I found a job near by where I live than the connexions job that I want to do.

I can't find any IT type jobs on the Connexions website. :frown: I remember that you want to find an IT job or something like that. Did you find any?
Reply 17
trev
I found some jobs in connexions. In the end, I decided not to apply, as I found a job near by where I live than the connexions job that I want to do.

I can't find any IT type jobs on the Connexions website. :frown: I remember that you want to find an IT job or something like that. Did you find any?

Theres an IT apprenticeship that I applied to, which I wanted to do, but I can't go to the selection thing because I go on holiday on the same day, it sounded really good, there are places for 10 applicants, and it was run by Aim academy, Barclays and you get trained in loads of different development platforms, databases, stuff like that, it sounded very interesting, excellent pay(15k for first 6 months, 17k for next 6, then 20k for next two years!) It seemed like a great way to go into a career in IT. Anyway, that was from the Connexions website, but I can't attend the selection day :frown:

Theres an IT help desk job that has just come up on there, I don't know whether to go for it or not though.

I might just get some office work for a year then go to university, I'm not too sure what to do yet. I'd like to do accounting for some reason, and get a job and do the AAT then ACA and see where it goes from there, but at the moment the most important thing is just getting a job. If I did go to university I'd probably do marketing, which you can't really enter without a degree. :mad:

Did you get a job, or are you still looking, or going to university? :smile:
Reply 18
emma155
Theres an IT apprenticeship that I applied to, which I wanted to do, but I can't go to the selection thing because I go on holiday on the same day, it sounded really good, there are places for 10 applicants, and it was run by Aim academy, Barclays and you get trained in loads of different development platforms, databases, stuff like that, it sounded very interesting, excellent pay(15k for first 6 months, 17k for next 6, then 20k for next two years!) It seemed like a great way to go into a career in IT. Anyway, that was from the Connexions website, but I can't attend the selection day :frown:

Theres an IT help desk job that has just come up on there, I don't know whether to go for it or not though.

I might just get some office work for a year then go to university, I'm not too sure what to do yet. I'd like to do accounting for some reason, and get a job and do the AAT then ACA and see where it goes from there, but at the moment the most important thing is just getting a job. If I did go to university I'd probably do marketing, which you can't really enter without a degree. :mad:

Did you get a job, or are you still looking, or going to university? :smile:

I find it quite strange that they don't have an IT sector when doing a job search in Connexions. Do you think they would still find IT vaccancies for you? :redface:

I'm still looking for a job. Tommorow, I'm going out to a number of stores/shops to see if they have vaccancies. I deferred my entry and going to university.
Reply 19
trev
I find it quite strange that they don't have an IT sector when doing a job search in Connexions. Do you think they would still find IT vaccancies for you? :redface:

I'm still looking for a job. Tommorow, I'm going out to a number of stores/shops to see if they have vaccancies. I deferred my entry and going to university.

They have an IT section on the Connexions Cheshire website. There should be IT jobs on other connexions websites, somewhere. If you can't find any, you could go in and ask them, they'll probably have a big level arch file of all jobs available, they did when I went, or you could ask them to print some off for you.

Good luck with looking for jobs tomorrow. Are you doing IT at university?

Latest

Trending

Trending