The Student Room Group

Tell me something interesting about yourself

I'm bored and I've been trudging through journal articles all day, talk to me. :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Your turn first.:tongue:
(edited 4 years ago)
I dabbed during intercourse once.
Reply 3
i'm not interesting at all
A quirky thing I suppose you could say is that I have a glass shard dormant in my head from.an accident when I was 6. No point in removing it tbh
That's cheating. :rofl:

Idk if this is interesting but I have Trypophobia - the fear of clustered holes (which actually sounds ridiculous, ik) When I was a kid I was genuinely scared of crumpets. They made me feel so uneasy. I can't even type this without laughing because of how ****ing stupid it sounds. :lol:
Original post by MidgetFever
That's cheating. :rofl:

Idk if this is interesting but I have Trypophobia - the fear of clustered holes (which actually sounds ridiculous, ik) When I was a kid I was genuinely scared of crumpets. They made me feel so uneasy. I can't even type this without laughing because of how ****ing stupid it sounds. :lol:

Not stupid at all! I actually cannot even stand the thought of typing trypophobia in google images because eeeeeee...... some of the images are ghastly, totally get where the fear can come from.
(edited 4 years ago)
I was meant to be a Rhesus baby but my mum took some new drug that was being developed at the time and so i wasnt
I know how to count in 3 languages loool
Reply 9
I was born 6 weeks early with a hole in my heart
Original post by Retired_Messiah

That's actually beautiful :rofl:
How did the other person react? I don't see how anyone couldn't hold back from laughing at that, haha.

Original post by gjd800

I actually find that really hard to believe! I normally find your posts pretty interesting.
I have a question then, if you don't mind. What got you interested in philosophy in the first place?

Original post by Volkerbund1933
A quirky thing I suppose you could say is that I have a glass shard dormant in my head from.an accident when I was 6. No point in removing it tbh

Oh boy, that sounds pretty gruesome. How did it happen? If you don't mind me asking... I'm kinda curious.
I'm glad I'm not the only one :lol:
It sounds so strange though, people normally laugh when I tell them. I had to explain it to someone at work once; I used to work in KFC, and the straws were always packed in boxes where you could see the ends of all the straws. I could never put them out 'cause it made me feel really strange.

Your turn! :tongue:

Original post by CoolCavy
I was meant to be a Rhesus baby but my mum took some new drug that was being developed at the time and so i wasnt

Oh wow, that is interesting! I can't imagine there's many people that can say they've contributed to medical advancement. I'm glad that the medication ended up working though.

Original post by nabilahhh
I know how to count in 3 languages loool

That's really cool! What languages are they? I'd always wanted to pick up another language but I always seem to have trouble remembering everything.

Original post by Pugglet
I was born 6 weeks early with a hole in my heart

I had the same thing! Not sure about how early I was, though.
Did you have to have surgery to correct it? I still have a scar on my leg from when I had mine, my mum was really adamant that I wasn't to have open heart surgery instead.
Did you have to have surgery to correct it? I still have a scar on my leg from when I had mine, my mum was really adamant that I wasn't to have open heart surgery instead.

Luckily no surgery. Mine closed up itself by some miracle.
I can ride a horse and speak French... never tried both at the same time, yet. Zut… putain cheval. lol
(edited 4 years ago)
I make card designs based on chemistry and maths
I'm glad I'm not the only one :lol:
It sounds so strange though, people normally laugh when I tell them. I had to explain it to someone at work once; I used to work in KFC, and the straws were always packed in boxes where you could see the ends of all the straws. I could never put them out 'cause it made me feel really strange.

Your turn! :tongue:

Oh wow, that is interesting! I can't imagine there's many people that can say they've contributed to medical advancement. I'm glad that the medication ended up working though.

That's really cool! What languages are they? I'd always wanted to pick up another language but I always seem to have trouble remembering everything.

The languages are: English, Arabic and Korean (both sets of numbers). I think learning the numbers are very easy it’s just a matter of applying them
Original post by Pugglet
Luckily no surgery. Mine closed up itself by some miracle.

No miracle... we are all born with that hole. It closes itself for life as a reflex... yours was just a bit slow.
Reply 17
That's actually beautiful :rofl:
How did the other person react? I don't see how anyone couldn't hold back from laughing at that, haha.

I actually find that really hard to believe! I normally find your posts pretty interesting.
I have a question then, if you don't mind. What got you interested in philosophy in the first place?

Oh boy, that sounds pretty gruesome. How did it happen? If you don't mind me asking... I'm kinda curious.

Good question!

I was always into deep thinking and thinking around a problem I suppose

I decided I needed a degree to compete for decent jobs around 2009, it was just a matter of choosing one that'd work for me (I was toying with going into govt roles at the time). ma suggested a phil degree given my obsession with that type of thought already, and I'd been interested in Indian religion for about 4 years at that point so looked at a programme with a big emphasis on that somewhere along the way

Here I am 10 years later
Original post by gjd800

Lies.
Original post by Retired_Messiah

I think I would dry up instantly if a guy did that.

Quick Reply

Latest