The Student Room Group

Help needed from wristwatch experts!

So I currently own a Breitling with a bracelet sort of leather strap. (I'll attach a picture below). But yes, it isn't the typical leather strap with holes on it.

The problem is, I can't wear my wristwatch tightly. It hurts my wrist after a short while. And I highly dislike when a leather strapped watch doesn't stay fixed on/above my wristbone and goes down when I move.

Any idea how to solve the problem and be able to wear my leather strapped watch tightly with ease so it's stays fixed in it's position on my wrist all the time? (A lot of people I've seen are able to achieve so). I have considered getting a Nato or Zulu fabric strap as I figure having those on my watch should make wearing it tightly easier. Although, I'd love to fix the problem with leather straps because I like them more than fabric straps, at least currently.

Is it a problem with the type of leather strap on my current watch?
It's annoying when the straps become lose and skids down. I just push the watch further up my wrist when that happens until it feels tight and it stays there.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
So I currently own a Breitling with a bracelet sort of leather strap. (I'll attach a picture below). But yes, it isn't the typical leather strap with holes on it.

The problem is, I can't wear my wristwatch tightly. It hurts my wrist after a short while. And I highly dislike when a leather strapped watch doesn't stay fixed on/above my wristbone and goes down when I move.

Any idea how to solve the problem and be able to wear my leather strapped watch tightly with ease so it's stays fixed in it's position on my wrist all the time? (A lot of people I've seen are able to achieve so). I have considered getting a Nato or Zulu fabric strap as I figure having those on my watch should make wearing it tightly easier. Although, I'd love to fix the problem with leather straps because I like them more than fabric straps, at least currently.

Attachment not found
Reply 3
It's annoying when the straps become lose and skids down. I just push the watch further up my wrist when that happens until it feels tight and it stays there.

Ikr? Then again, there exist people who manage having their watches fixed in place. Figured I may be doing something wrong.

i reckon it's because the watch is too big. Brietlings tend to be massive and 38-42 is ideal for most guys

i think you need to attach a normal leather strap.
replace the strap?
Reply 6
Original post by angelike1
replace the strap?

I thought of doing so, but wasn't sure whether that would solve the problem. Thought it could just be a problem with my skins tolerance towards tightened leather straps. 😅
Reply 7
Original post by A Rolling Stone
i reckon it's because the watch is too big. Brietlings tend to be massive and 38-42 is ideal for most guys

i think you need to attach a normal leather strap.

You mean the strap is too big in length?
Ikr? Then again, there exist people who manage having their watches fixed in place. Figured I may be doing something wrong.

It probably a size too big, I've had a bracelet watch in the past and it used to slide down aswell, I actually lost it, don't know what happened to it, I went out with it on and when I checked for the time, it wasn't on my wrist it must have fallen off completely and dropped somewhere. That was years ago I've never had a bracelet watch since but you can get it adjusted from a jewellers or something for a price. Maybe the shop you brought it from will do it.
Reply 9
It probably a size too big, I've had a bracelet watch in the past and it used to slide down aswell, I actually lost it, don't know what happened to it, I went out with it on and when I checked for the time, it wasn't on my wrist it must have fallen off completely and dropped somewhere. That was years ago I've never had a bracelet watch since but you can get it adjusted from a jewellers or something for a price. Maybe the shop you brought it from will do it.

I can tighten the strap and it stays fixex one place on my wrist. But, my wrist starts to hurt. Wonder if its anything associated with bracelet (leather) straps in general.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending