The Student Room Group

Bundesliga

Hey guys, who is everyone following/supporting in the Bundesliga?

I like a few teams in the Bundesliga but I can’t decide on a particular team. Any advice on this accord will be appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by username79940121

I like a few teams in the Bundesliga but I can’t decide on a particular team. Any advice on this accord will be appreciated

Dont really follow any team just want goals galore😂.
Big up SC Paderborn, the underdogs 💪🏽
Original post by Luwei
Dont really follow any team just want goals galore😂.

Berlin Derby was good yesterday I liked the backstory of the derby
Original post by AM_TSR
Big up SC Paderborn, the underdogs 💪🏽

Good draw today against Hoffenheim, really held their own
Good draw today against Hoffenheim, really held their own

Yeah, last week their 0-0 draw against Düsseldorf got me hyped
It does and 2.Bundesliga counts as well because I think they might be some Hamburg/Stuttgart supporters I guess
Original post by AM_TSR
Yeah, last week their 0-0 draw against Düsseldorf got me hyped

What's the odds on Paderborn staying up?
What's the odds on Paderborn staying up?

Well, I think their 4 wins out of 27 games answers that question 😂
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by AM_TSR
Well, I think their 4 wins out of 27 games answers that question 😂

Doesn't help that Bremen defeated Freiburg today relegation play off maybe reachable I guess but then again Werder could go on a late rally
Doesn't help that Bremen defeated Freiburg today relegation play off maybe reachable I guess but then again Werder could go on a late rally

Werder Bremen haven't played as many matches either I don't think. I thought they used to be good. They've still got decent players
Original post by AM_TSR
Werder Bremen haven't played as many matches either I don't think. I thought they used to be good. They've still got decent players

The teams just above relegation have played 26 games, you watching the Bayern/Frankfurt game by any chance?

Teams from the Ruhr are seen as very working class and have good atmospheres. Schalke and of course BVB the biggest. Against that are Bayern who are very much the established team and seen as upmarket and snobbish.

"Kult" teams are a thing in Germany in the likes of St Pauli/Union Berlin etc. They are your hipster choice obviously.

I've always found it tough to settle on a team. I've dabbled in Schalke/1860 Munich but lose interest fairly quick. Recently I like Koln and Leverkusen but I don't love them really.
The teams just above relegation have played 26 games, you watching the Bayern/Frankfurt game by any chance?

Nah, I watched the highlights though. What even happened for that last goal by Bayern ahaha
Original post by Zürich
Teams from the Ruhr are seen as very working class and have good atmospheres. Schalke and of course BVB the biggest. Against that are Bayern who are very much the established team and seen as upmarket and snobbish.

"Kult" teams are a thing in Germany in the likes of St Pauli/Union Berlin etc. They are your hipster choice obviously.

I've always found it tough to settle on a team. I've dabbled in Schalke/1860 Munich but lose interest fairly quick. Recently I like Koln and Leverkusen but I don't love them really.

I really like your post, after watching 2 weeks of Bundesliga matches, I’ve seen to like 3 teams. Dortmund because they come so close to winning the league but Bayern always seem to win it in the end. I really hope it changes this year but it would require Dortmund to Der Klassier to close the gap to 1 point of Bayern. Also Dortmund have good players like Sancho, Haaland and more.

I also like Hertha Berlin because I’ve watched their two recent games against Hoffenheim and Union Berlin and they have played really well without conceding a goal, when I was making predictions I thought the Hoffenheim/Hertha match would be a score draw but how wrong was I haha, I think from their recent transfer window they have stated their intentions to become a side that can compete for Europe with their new signings and judging from the scheme of things I think the same way after they signed Piatek, Tousart, Cunha etc. I was actually thinking of getting a Hertha shirt too.

My last favourite team in the Bundesliga is Cologne because I’m currently doing an FM series on them, they seem to have been a yo yo club, (5 relegations in 20 years) and in real life they have very passionate fans. Throwback to the time when 20,000 Cologne Fans took over the Emirates haha that was jokes.

There’s my take on the Bundesliga right now also I’ve heard Hamburg, Stuttgart, St Pauli those clubs all have passionate fans, and the former two clubs Hamburg and Stuttgart are in the promotion race to return back to the Bundesliga. I feel like Arminia Bielefeld currently leading the league will be promoted I can’t see them sliding down the league.
Original post by AM_TSR
Nah, I watched the highlights though. What even happened for that last goal by Bayern ahaha

Literally no idea I think it was an own goal by a Frankfurt player, I think it was the one that scored twice for them too, you watching the Dortmund/Bayern game?
Literally no idea I think it was an own goal by a Frankfurt player, I think it was the one that scored twice for them too, you watching the Dortmund/Bayern game?

Hinteregger was decent from the corners tbf. Yeah, who you rooting for?
Reply 17
Bundesliga is a great league. Over the years it has been a rather tactical, and astute league. However over recent years the German league has had an increase of individual skillful players like Muller, Sancho, Havertz, Gotze et cetera and many more in the early 2010s. It's flourishing into a more exciting league to watch once again.
Bayer Leverkusen.
I rooted for Dortmund but they lost 1-0 so well done Bayern for winning the Bundesliga, I can’t see them losing 3 more matches until the end of the season

Quick Reply

Latest