The Student Room Group

Westminster 16+ 2024 Entry

Hi!
I'm doing the 16+ entrance exam for Westminster this year, so I was wondering if there are any other people doing it this year too.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by div_ko
Hi!
I'm doing the 16+ entrance exam for Westminster this year, so I was wondering if there are any other people doing it this year too.

Hi,
I did the entrance exam last year and got offered a place. I did the exam for bio chem maths and physics. If you’re doing any of these subjects and want any advice or want to know what came up for these subjects, feel free to ask and I’ll try to help as much as I can. Good luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by Ashirs
Hi,
I did the entrance exam last year and got offered a place. I did the exam for bio chem maths and physics. If you’re doing any of these subjects and want any advice or want to know what came up for these subjects, feel free to ask and I’ll try to help as much as I can. Good luck!!

Hi!
I'm doing maths, physics, further maths and economics this year. Do you have any advice for physics?
Thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by div_ko
Hi!
I'm doing maths, physics, further maths and economics this year. Do you have any advice for physics?
Thanks!

For physics, I realised after I did the exam they took some of the questions from the year 11 intermediate physics challenge so I recommend to practice those. I found the physics paper quite hard but just do as much as you can, if there’s a graph do those because you can get quite a few marks from that but the intermediate physics challenge for year 11 is a really good place to start i think.
I’ve linked the past papers below https://www.bpho.org.uk/past-papers/physics-challenge-gcse
good luck!!
Reply 4
Original post by Ashirs
For physics, I realised after I did the exam they took some of the questions from the year 11 intermediate physics challenge so I recommend to practice those. I found the physics paper quite hard but just do as much as you can, if there’s a graph do those because you can get quite a few marks from that but the intermediate physics challenge for year 11 is a really good place to start i think.
I’ve linked the past papers below https://www.bpho.org.uk/past-papers/physics-challenge-gcse
good luck!!

Thank you!
Reply 5
Hey! I'm applying too for Maths, Further Maths, History + Philosophy/Economics.

I'm was pretty nervous about whether to apply or not but I told my homeroom teacher a few days ago and he said I'd probably really like it so I will.

Original post by Ashirs
Hi,

@Ashirs do you have any advice for maths? TIA!
Reply 6
Original post by bicompton
Hey! I'm applying too for Maths, Further Maths, History + Philosophy/Economics.

I'm was pretty nervous about whether to apply or not but I told my homeroom teacher a few days ago and he said I'd probably really like it so I will.

@Ashirs do you have any advice for maths? TIA!

Hi for maths tbh you couldn’t revise for it that much. I remember it was 30 question and I managed to do 25 and the last 5 were much harder and I had run out of time. Most of the questions were just algebra like rearranging the equation etc and then the last one were wordier problems. Ig make sure ur confident with gcse knowledge and practice maybe IMC intermediate merge challenge questions bc they’re harder and good practice. Hope this helps and good luck!! If you have any more questions let me know and I’ll try to help
Reply 7
Original post by Ashirs
Hi for maths tbh you couldn’t revise for it that much. I remember it was 30 question and I managed to do 25 and the last 5 were much harder and I had run out of time. Most of the questions were just algebra like rearranging the equation etc and then the last one were wordier problems. Ig make sure ur confident with gcse knowledge and practice maybe IMC intermediate merge challenge questions bc they’re harder and good practice. Hope this helps and good luck!! If you have any more questions let me know and I’ll try to help

ty so much!! Would you say the questions were more IMC or SMC level? I recently did a practise SMC with a teammate and we only got 61 points between us in 100mins and all the questions were really difficult! IMC seems a lot more managable.
Reply 8
ty so much!! Would you say the questions were more IMC or SMC level? I recently did a practise SMC with a teammate and we only got 61 points between us in 100mins and all the questions were really difficult! IMC seems a lot more managable.

I would say more imc like but it’s not rlly logic or trial and error which there r quite a few of in the senior maths challenges but proper maths question.
Original post by Ashirs
Hi,

Hey I'm also applying for 2024, do you think you could let me know what the TSA is like? Thanks 😊
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 10
Original post by zziawoo
Hey I'm also applying for 2024, do you think you could let me know how the TSA and general paper works? Thanks 😊

Hi again from this thread 🙃 I think I have a list of links of different threads on here that talk about the application process. Would you like it? I can try to find it - I also found a thread on applying for classics / humanities the other day if you’d like that.
Hi again from this thread 🙃 I think I have a list of links of different threads on here that talk about the application process. Would you like it? I can try to find it - I also found a thread on applying for classics / humanities the other day if you’d like that.

oh my gosh hello yes that would be great thanks so much !!
Reply 12
Original post by zziawoo
oh my gosh hello yes that would be great thanks so much !!

Okiee sooo - I'm sure there are more but here are a couple of the most helpful / longer ones!

classics/humanities

https://web.archive.org/web/20221113200120/https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7219969
^ this one no longer exists as a normal page and unfortunately page 2 can't be viewed.

general (some of these are more stem based but they also talk about the interview process too)

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7165673

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=351206
^ REALLY good thread; contains YEARS of content that’s worth reading through
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=351206&page=246#post69229774
(this one in particular; I’m sure there are more but it’s ~250 pages!)

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6804410

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5764904
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 13
Original post by div_ko
Hi!

Hi, I am
Reply 14
Original post by div_ko
Hi!
Thanks!

Hey, I'm doing the same subjects and don't really know too much on how difficult it is going to be because there are no past papers available for the Westminister 16+
OMG I took a walk around Dean's Yard today and from the quick look I took inside the school gate it looks so grand?? and real! It always kinda felt like a concept to me.
Reply 16
Original post by div_ko
Hi!

I’m applying for English, History, Economics and biology
Original post by Ashirs
Hi,

Hi,
I am sitting the entrance exams this year and am looking at doing chemistry and maths - do you have any tips revising for it?
Hi I've looked everywhere but I have yet to see anyone talk about the Theatre Studies entrance exam. Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare or just a general idea of what the exam's going to be like? It's quite vague on the website. Thankss
Original post by Stephhhhhhhh
Hi I've looked everywhere but I have yet to see anyone talk about the Theatre Studies entrance exam. Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare or just a general idea of what the exam's going to be like? It's quite vague on the website. Thankss

I also plan to do philosophy and history, so any advice would be appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending