The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL A101 Liverpool University Graduate Entry Medicine Thread 2024 Entry

Hi guys just sent my application off. Who else has applied?

Scroll to see replies

Hey there, thanks for posting a question in the Medicine forum. :biggrin:

The Medicine forum gets a high volume of questions being posted, and some of these are already answered by the resources and Megathreads that members of the community and volunteers have created. This is an automatic post which is designed to highlight these resources. Below is a list of threads and articles that could answer your question (you should be looking in the original post of the megathreads). If one of the below threads is a more relevant place to ask your question, please post a reply in that thread to ask your question. If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked below, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.

Megathreads
(Please read the first post, before then posting any further questions you have within that thread.)
The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread
The Ultimate 'Am I Good Enough For Medicine?' Angst Thread
Medicine A-Level subjects queries
Work Experience and Voluntary Work

2023 Applicants:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2023 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2023 Entry
Medicine 2023 entry for resit / retake / gap year applicants
A100 Medicine for International Students 2023 Entry
Medicine Interview discussion 2023 Entry
2023 entry A100 / A101 Medicine fastest and slowest offer senders
Index of Individual Medical School Applicants' threads 2023 Entry

2024 Applicants :
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2024 Entry
GAMSAT 2024 / 2025 entry discussions megathread
UCAT 2024 Entry Discussions Megathread

Other application years:
Graduate Entry Medicine 2025 Entry
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2025 Entry

Useful Articles:
GCSE Requirements for Medicine
Everything you need to know about the BMAT
Work Experience as a Graduate or Mature student
Medicine Personal Statement Advice
Medicine Personal Statement Advice (Graduate Entry)
Interview Frequently Asked Questions
MMI Medicine Interview Tips
What to do after an unsuccessful first application

If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked above, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.
Original post by anaya_26

Hey, I've applied to Liverpool too. The wait is so intense... I thought waiting for GAMSAT results was horrible, but waiting for interviews/rejections is even worse!
Reply 3
Original post by aspiringgem
Hey, I've applied to Liverpool too. The wait is so intense... I thought waiting for GAMSAT results was horrible, but waiting for interviews/rejections is even worse!

I know! Have Liverpool stated that interviews are going to be online/in person
I know! Have Liverpool stated that interviews are going to be online/in person
I haven’t seen anything saying either way, but was assuming in person in Jan/Feb. Also expect it be a similar form to the A100 interviews but that’s a total guess.

I’ve also applied to Liverpool :smile:
Original post by Erin Tomkinson
I’ve also applied to Liverpool :smile:

Good luck! The wait is so painful ☹️ Looking at the A100 thread, it looks like we'll only find out about interviews in late December or early January
Reply 7

I got offered a conditional from University of Liverpool for Computer Science yesterday. Ain’t going to lie I celebrated hard.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Iucas
I got offered a conditional from University of Liverpool for Computer Science yesterday. Ain’t going to lie I celebrated hard.

Congratulations 🎉🎉
Original post by Iucas

That's great news 🙂 Well done! Best of luck in your studies.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi, I’m looking to apply to the A101 course for 2025 entry. I know in the supplementary PDF for the entry requirements it says 2 years of paid healthcare work.

I’m a third year student currently, I recently accepted an NHS HCA role position - but it won’t be two years by the time I apply. Does this mean I would not be able to apply? I did get in contact with someone and she said that I’d still be considered as long as I have a 2:1 (which I’m on track to get) and the correct GAMSAT score. I don’t want to apply and just get rejected because I don’t have 2 years of paid experience.
Original post by Elsatrish1
Hi, I’m looking to apply to the A101 course for 2025 entry. I know in the supplementary PDF for the entry requirements it says 2 years of paid healthcare work.

I’m a third year student currently, I recently accepted an NHS HCA role position - but it won’t be two years by the time I apply. Does this mean I would not be able to apply? I did get in contact with someone and she said that I’d still be considered as long as I have a 2:1 (which I’m on track to get) and the correct GAMSAT score. I don’t want to apply and just get rejected because I don’t have 2 years of paid experience.

Hi there,

I wouldn't really be able to advice on application decision-making sorry. Did you geet in touch with the admission team at the University? as they will be best placed to advice you 🙂

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Original post by Elsatrish1

I interpreted it as them giving some priority to applicants who have 2 years of experience, but this isnt part of the essential criteria. I have applied for 2024 entry and I meet the academic and GAMSAT requirements but not the work experience; I haven't heard anything back yet but I can let you know if i do :smile:
When I called they advised decisions would be communicated in January. As I understand, the 2 years NHS work will help your application but is not a requirement.
Original post by elliecrick
I interpreted it as them giving some priority to applicants who have 2 years of experience, but this isnt part of the essential criteria. I have applied for 2024 entry and I meet the academic and GAMSAT requirements but not the work experience; I haven't heard anything back yet but I can let you know if i do :smile:

Thank you so much, yes if you could let me know what they say that would be great.

I meet the academic so far and hopefully will meet the GAMSAT requirement but I know a lot of people didn’t try Liverpool because of that requirement. When I spoke to the lady on the phone she said I’d still be considered but I feel like they’re always so ambiguous.
Reply 15
I mainly applied to Liverpool due the 2 years of NHS work, just hope gamsat is high enough lol
Reply 16
Any interview invites from liverpool for a101.
Original post by Rani_1965
Any interview invites from liverpool for a101.

Nothing yet but I called last week and they said we would only hear after Christmas
Reply 18
Hi All,
Hope everyone doing well. Just a small question has anyone else got the confirmation from Liverpool saying they got our application or is it just that did not hear anything back from them. Whilst other unis have already sent interview dates.
Original post by Dr.Duke
Hi All,
Hope everyone doing well. Just a small question has anyone else got the confirmation from Liverpool saying they got our application or is it just that did not hear anything back from them. Whilst other unis have already sent interview dates.

Haven't heard anything still about application or interview - I got UCAT 3300 so pretty sure Ive got a good chance. The wait is agonising.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending