The Student Room Group

Experian Graduate Scheme 2024

I can't find any Experian graduate scheme for 2024, so I'm starting one.

I really just want to rant about my Experian application experience.

I applied for the Data analyst role and got rejected but I didn't really mind because my experiences have been in software engineering and I thought maybe it didn't just tally for what they needed.

I set up notifications for the software engineering role and last week, I got the mail that it was open, so I applied for it.

I'm not one to brag about what I can or cannot do but this really hit me because I clicked every one of the requirements and went overboard.
Graduate roles are usually, "minimal skills" and somehow with my experience, I still got rejected!

I spent so much time on the cover letter because hey, I was really excited about Experian and working with them.

Instead I got a no context rejection mail, just the usual "unfortunately" message.
No coding test. Nothing.
If there was a behavioural test, I might have attributed the rejection to it, but there was none!

I'm a Computer Science master's student with 3yo professional experience working with international orgs before coming to the UK to start my masters.

Of course I'm gutted. I get poached every time on LinkedIn but I can't work full time due to visa restrictions and somehow, I am getting dunked on for a graduate role.

I'm wondering what is wrong? Could it be visa sponsorship? - haha, perhaps it is.

I understand that the theatrics of the graduate role will be different but come on, a rejection just like that?

I am almost tempted to email them to inquire what exactly they need! (I'd be glad if someone can provide answers should I be missing something)

Maybe it's time I just focused on my degree, go straight to the industry rather than pining for a graduate role.

Anyway, I hope you all have better luck with your application.

Also, if you think there's something I need to optimise for while applying, please do share, thank you.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by teddier
Anyone done the video interview for this yet?

No I did the online test a couple days ago. When did you hear about doing a video interview?
Reply 2
Original post by teddier
Anyone done the video interview for this yet?

I got the email but haven’t done mine yet!

And also sorry to hear about everything @Moelis - hope it works out for you
Reply 3
Original post by Arcreate11
I got the email but haven’t done mine yet!

And also sorry to hear about everything @Moelis - hope it works out for you

I got the email to do a video interview yesterday. What role have you applied to?
Reply 4
Original post by Floki1
I got the email to do a video interview yesterday. What role have you applied to?

I applied to Product Marketing - how about you?
Reply 5
I applied to Product Marketing - how about you?

Software Engineering, have you started the video interview yet? I’m guessing you already passed the online tests right?
Reply 6
Original post by Floki1
Software Engineering, have you started the video interview yet? I’m guessing you already passed the online tests right?

Just did mine today - and yeah I passed the online tests before getting sent the video one! Have you done yours yet?
hey all happy to find this forum! Just did my video interview for software development
Reply 8
I applied for the risk analyst role. Did you guys only hear back from them after the application deadline?
Reply 9
Original post by mariams679
I applied for the risk analyst role. Did you guys only hear back from them after the application deadline?

I heard back about my CV like 2 weeks before the deadline, but I can't remember if the deadline closed early or not.
I heard back about my CV like 2 weeks before the deadline, but I can't remember if the deadline closed early or not.

Thank you so much. It's going to be a long wait lol

I literally applied on the deadline which was the 24th of Jan I believe. Then received a response on the 5th of feb - what about you?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Cybergirl3005
I literally applied on the deadline which was the 24th of Jan I believe. Then received a response on the 5th of feb - what about you?

I applied on the 17th of this month but the deadline is not till the 24th of March. 😬
I applied on the 17th of this month but the deadline is not till the 24th of March. 😬

Oh wow did the role you applied for just open up?
(edited 2 months ago)
Has anyone received an ac invite yet?
Oh wow did the role you applied for just open up?
Yes. I believe that's the case
Has anyone been invited to the AC? Seems like their email isn't working to reply to them
Has anyone been invited to the AC? Seems like their email isn't working to reply to them
Hey Yh I received an invite on Wednesday. There was a link to book an interview- Im guessing that confirms your attendance.
(edited 2 months ago)
Hey Yh I received an invite on Wednesday. There was a link to book an interview- Im guessing that confirms your attendance.
Mine didn't have a link on it? was it supposed to be on the bit where it says "Please use this link to book your place".
(edited 2 months ago)
Mine didn't have a link on it? was it supposed to be on the bit where it says "Please use this link to book your place".
Yh there was a link below that paragraph. They actually sent me two emails as the first ones link didn’t work properly. But to get into contact with them you need to email the early career email address because the email with the ac invite is no reply
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending