The co-op ones are quite nice :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
The co-op ones are quite nice :smile:

oh okay. I haven't tried those.
Reply 3
Mr Kipling

Aldi
I have never eaten a mince pie, really. What a real pity. Is the filling both sweet and savoury?
Reply 5
Original post by Kallisto
I have never eaten a mince pie, really. What a real pity. Is the filling both sweet and savoury?

In the context of Christmas mince pies, the filling is sweet. Always currants in a light syrupy paste. Sometimes enhanced with orange or lemon peel, cinnamon, clove, or brandy/sherry.
Reply 6
Original post by Picnicl
In the context of Christmas mince pies, the filling is sweet. Always currants in a light syrupy paste. Sometimes enhanced with orange or lemon peel, cinnamon, clove, or brandy/sherry.

Yes the peall and bits in there are real delicious.
Original post by Picnicl

Sounds so good. But I am afraid that I have to cook them by myself, I have not seen them in the shops or in a bakery before.
Reply 8
Original post by Kallisto
Sounds so good. But I am afraid that I have to cook them by myself, I have not seen them in the shops or in a bakery before.

I think I had some with the lemon peel in once but that was somethign someone bought into work.
I like pretty much all mince pies. Im not fussy.

Quick Reply

Latest