The Student Room Group

National Grid Grad Scheme 2024

Hi everyone, just want to know how long does National Grid takes to respond after a candidate has passed the online assessments and the status of the application is "Hiring Manager Review"?
Its been almost two months since I heard back from them.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can't rmbr how long. I did do it and attended assessment day about a week ago
Reply 2
Original post by Olaoluade
I can't rmbr how long. I did do it and attended assessment day about a week ago

Hello, can you please tell how was the assessment centre and how should we prepare for it?
Reply 3
To be honest, there is no certain preparation. It's more about understanding the role you applied for and thinking around possible challenges associated with it and that's it. The assessment is always tweaked to match your job role. I went in for a BA role and that would be different from what you are going for. In group sessions, don't be domineering...contribute, give others room to speak before you, be confident and assertive...open to suggestions and take the lead if you can but be careful not to overplay your hand. Have a good understanding of strength based interviews and ample examples with it
To be honest, there is no certain preparation. It's more about understanding the role you applied for and thinking around possible challenges associated with it and that's it. The assessment is always tweaked to match your job role. I went in for a BA role and that would be different from what you are going for. In group sessions, don't be domineering...contribute, give others room to speak before you, be confident and assertive...open to suggestions and take the lead if you can but be careful not to overplay your hand. Have a good understanding of strength based interviews and ample examples with it

Have you gotten a reply from your assessment centre
Reply 5
Original post by debs20153
Have you gotten a reply from your assessment centre

Yes. Got an offer
Yes. Got an offer

Which scheme did you apply for?
Reply 7
Business analyst
Reply 8
Business analyst

Congratulations
Reply 9
Thank you
Yes. Got an offer

Many congratulations 🎉 great job
Reply 11
Has anyone been told they have been rejected after the assessment centre but performed very well and there is an opportunity at another location?
Reply 12
Original post by Aaronnaik
Has anyone been told they have been rejected after the assessment centre but performed very well and there is an opportunity at another location?

Sorry to ask, were you called?
Reply 13
Sorry to ask, were you called?

I got an email saying because I performed well at the assessment centre but there wasn't enough positions they had another opportunity at another location. It's all been done by email, just wondering if anyone else is in this position
Reply 14
Oh, okay. I will suggest you ask what the role is, the location and relevant details about the role. It might be something you turn out to like. Congratulations 🎊
Reply 15
Original post by ZainBinQaiser
Hi everyone, just want to know how long does National Grid takes to respond after a candidate has passed the online assessments and the status of the application is "Hiring Manager Review"?
Its been almost two months since I heard back from them.

Hello Zain, even I am in the same situation. So I reached out to them last week and this is what they replied "As mentioned in our previous email, we are diligently reviewing all applications and in the process of evaluating assessments completed by candidates. We have recorded your successful completion of our online assessments, and are awaiting to review all applicants outcomes before proceeding, to ensure a fair approach.We appreciate your patience and we will promptly update you on the status of your application as to whether your application has met the benchmark required to progress to the next stage". Hope this helps. Which scheme did you apply for?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Dev729
Hello Zain, even I am in the same situation. So I reached out to them last week and this is what they replied "As mentioned in our previous email, we are diligently reviewing all applications and in the process of evaluating assessments completed by candidates. We have recorded your successful completion of our online assessments, and are awaiting to review all applicants outcomes before proceeding, to ensure a fair approach.We appreciate your patience and we will promptly update you on the status of your application as to whether your application has met the benchmark required to progress to the next stage". Hope this helps. Which scheme did you apply for?

Yeah me too, I 'passed' the hirevue interview but that is just AI saying you did well enough for a real person to look at it i believe. I have been waiting about 5 weeks since I did mine now, I applied for the substation higher apprentice role.
Reply 17
Original post by lukeluke05
Yeah me too, I 'passed' the hirevue interview but that is just AI saying you did well enough for a real person to look at it i believe. I have been waiting about 5 weeks since I did mine now, I applied for the substation higher apprentice role.

if you go onto jobs applied when you sign into national grid careers does it say passed online assessment or assessment centre as mine says assessment centre but I've not had anything back yet. I applied for powertrain enigneer
Original post by user47474
if you go onto jobs applied when you sign into national grid careers does it say passed online assessment or assessment centre as mine says assessment centre but I've not had anything back yet. I applied for powertrain enigneer

Hi mate, I can't find where this is can you give me a link?

However, strangely enough I just received an email from national grid at 20:10 asking for more information regarding my availability for the in person assessment centre but it also said this doesn't mean I have a guaranteed place which is confusing! Hopefully it's good news though, might be worth checking your email!
Reply 19
Original post by lukeluke05
Hi mate, I can't find where this is can you give me a link?

However, strangely enough I just received an email from national grid at 20:10 asking for more information regarding my availability for the in person assessment centre but it also said this doesn't mean I have a guaranteed place which is confusing! Hopefully it's good news though, might be worth checking your email!

Hello Luke, I received the same mail as well.

Quick Reply

Latest