The Student Room Group

Uni student recipes

I’m looking for some simple but tasty recipes for meals that are ideal for uni students!! No dietary requirements (I.e. not vegetarian or allergic to anything), I’m a pasta fanatic so anything like that is ideal!
Original post by Bekahthegap
I’m looking for some simple but tasty recipes for meals that are ideal for uni students!! No dietary requirements (I.e. not vegetarian or allergic to anything), I’m a pasta fanatic so anything like that is ideal!
Hey @Bekahthegap

BBC Good Food have lots of different recipes that are easy to follow and you can narrow down based on cuisine, ingredients and difficulty.

Pasta is always a staple but it is good to mix it up to have some variety. Stir-frys were a popular go to in my halls and so was fajitas/wraps. It was an easy way to load up on veggies and can easily add in meat based on preference and budget. Soup is also a good comfort. Breakfast for dinner can be simple but tasty and at night you may have more time than you would in the morning.

Pasta - you can have tomato based sauces, creamy sauces, pesto, cheese. Often shop bought jars are full of sugar so it is nice to buy some fresh ingredients to make your own and you can bulk buy ingredients and and batch cook to freeze.

Enjoy cooking! Catherine - Strathclyde University Student Ambassador
Reply 2
Original post by University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador
Hey @Bekahthegap

BBC Good Food have lots of different recipes that are easy to follow and you can narrow down based on cuisine, ingredients and difficulty.

Pasta is always a staple but it is good to mix it up to have some variety. Stir-frys were a popular go to in my halls and so was fajitas/wraps. It was an easy way to load up on veggies and can easily add in meat based on preference and budget. Soup is also a good comfort. Breakfast for dinner can be simple but tasty and at night you may have more time than you would in the morning.

Pasta - you can have tomato based sauces, creamy sauces, pesto, cheese. Often shop bought jars are full of sugar so it is nice to buy some fresh ingredients to make your own and you can bulk buy ingredients and and batch cook to freeze.

Enjoy cooking! Catherine - Strathclyde University Student Ambassador

Thank you!! Yes I love pesto ❤️ and experimenting with different sauces!!

Quick Reply

Latest