The Student Room Group

Northeastern Essay Competition

Hey guys, I received an email stating that im a finalist, and was wondering if the winners got picked or if they are still picking. Im Also wondering what the 'celebratory' event is, and what it consists of as the email asking for our attendance is quite vague lol.
Original post by 4mmyr
Hey guys, I received an email stating that im a finalist, and was wondering if the winners got picked or if they are still picking. Im Also wondering what the 'celebratory' event is, and what it consists of as the email asking for our attendance is quite vague lol.
hi i think they've already been picked
Original post by 4mmyr

Winners will be chosen very soon so if you are a finalist be sure to keep eyes on your inbox. (Best of luck!)

- The celebration event is to celebrate successes and collect certificates.
- Please ask them to RSVP, even if they change their mind this is the best way to confirm they are attending. The RSVP link is in email comms.
- If they haven't received results they most likely unsubscribed from our emails.
- Travel reimbursement is available for students who meet certain criteria.
- Parents and students are allowed to attend but only for some of the day.

Other information is on the FAQ section of the website. www.nulondon.ac.uk/essay-faq
Original post by 4mmyr
Hi there! Congratulations on being a finalist, that's great news. As far as I'm aware, winners have not been picked yet - but keep an eye on your emails, as the announcement won't be long now!

Every year, all finalists are invited to our London campus to celebrate their achievements. This event will include a prize giving ceremony where all attendees will receive a certificate. There will also be opportunities to learn more about NU London and have a look around our lovely building in St Katharine Docks, Devon House.

I hope this helps! Make sure to RSVP to the invitation if you plan on coming. Parents and guardians are also welcome to come along, and travel reimbursement can be arranged in many cases if this is an issue.

Let me know if you have any more questions, and congratulations again :smile:

Lottie
congrats everyone!
Reply 5
Original post by NULondon Lottie
Hi there! Congratulations on being a finalist, that's great news. As far as I'm aware, winners have not been picked yet - but keep an eye on your emails, as the announcement won't be long now!
Every year, all finalists are invited to our London campus to celebrate their achievements. This event will include a prize giving ceremony where all attendees will receive a certificate. There will also be opportunities to learn more about NU London and have a look around our lovely building in St Katharine Docks, Devon House.
I hope this helps! Make sure to RSVP to the invitation if you plan on coming. Parents and guardians are also welcome to come along, and travel reimbursement can be arranged in many cases if this is an issue.
Let me know if you have any more questions, and congratulations again :smile:
Lottie

Hey I got a mail saying I was shortlisted, what that means ?
And FAQ no 21 says I will get medal and certificate if I attend ceremony. Is that correct?
Reply 6
Original post by NULondon Lana
Winners will be chosen very soon so if you are a finalist be sure to keep eyes on your inbox. (Best of luck!)
- The celebration event is to celebrate successes and collect certificates.
- Please ask them to RSVP, even if they change their mind this is the best way to confirm they are attending. The RSVP link is in email comms.
- If they haven't received results they most likely unsubscribed from our emails.
- Travel reimbursement is available for students who meet certain criteria.
- Parents and students are allowed to attend but only for some of the day.
Other information is on the FAQ section of the website. www.nulondon.ac.uk/essay-faq

I have received a notification that I have been shortlisted for the Northeastern University London Essay competition. However, I am confused as to whether I will be attending the award ceremony on May 4th, 2024, and receive a medal and certificate. The confusion arose because the FAQ section no 21 on the website mentioned that shortlisted candidates will receive a certificate through mail and a medal if they attend the ceremony, but the email I received did not include any such information. Can you please clarify whether I will be attending the event and receiving the medal and certificate? If so, what is the next step? How can I register myself for the event?

Thank you very much in advance
Original post by Farhinaa
Hey I got a mail saying I was shortlisted, what that means ?
And FAQ no 21 says I will get medal and certificate if I attend ceremony. Is that correct?

the event is on the 45h and 5th of April

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending