The Student Room Group

Troubled housemate. Communications difficult

Having an eccentric and unpredictable housemate from whom I am subleasing a room. Things recently got tense over a series of communication problems mistaken as boundary violations.

She sometimes does something weird and gets upset when people ask about it. The thing that has caused the tension is that she has a cranky alarm that can stop no matter how she touches it and when she was away on trip a month ago, it woke me up and I wasn't able to get back to sleep, which prompted me to enter her room to turn it off after enduring two hours of noises. I accidentally mentioned this to her early this month and she has been upset about it since then.

She always expects others to be upfront about any concerns, but when any concerns she disagrees with are being raised, she feels offended, which makes communications very difficult.

Housing shortage is serious in my area and I cherish her house offer and want to live until the end of the sublease, i.e. end of summer. Her way of dealing with others stresses me out just as she accused me of "stressing her out" with that alarm incident, which I perceive to be very unfair as it comes with the implication that I am not entitled to sleep well. She cares about herself more than others no matter how much I have contributed to the house to keep everything clean and everyone healthy.
Reply 1
Anyone ever gone through similar?
Reply 2
Is this the girl with asthma and who passes out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending