The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

Ethical Hacking Support!

Hello I have a ethical hacking assignment for my Cyber Security Networks course and am really struggling. It's due on April 19th and really need support. In Kali Linux I was able to identify my target network and identify the first flag. I need to identify 5 flags identify vulnerabilities please can someone help me as soon as possible as I'm quite behind. I would really appreciate it if someone can help me.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello I have a ethical hacking assignment for my Cyber Security Networks course and am really struggling. It's due on April 19th and really need support. In Kali Linux I was able to identify my target network and identify the first flag. I need to identify 5 flags identify vulnerabilities please can someone help me as soon as possible as I'm quite behind. I would really appreciate it if someone can help me.

Hiya, I'm able to provide assistance on this work. Would you like to chat on DMs?
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Original post by JohnLevis
Hiya, I'm able to provide assistance on this work. Would you like to chat on DMs?

Hiya yes please! I'll send you a DM right now.

Hi did you get my DM?
Original post by CyberStudent247
Hi did you get my DM?

Hello, I'm unable to reach back to you right away due to a technical problem on my end where it doesn't allow me to reply back to DMs. This is being dealt with as we speak.
Therefore, I'll get back to you ASAP.
Hello, I'm unable to reach back to you right away due to a technical problem on my end where it doesn't allow me to reply back to DMs. This is being dealt with as we speak.

Hi, thank you for getting back to me and no worries at all I understand that's fine. I hope there able to deal with this soon so we can communicate . Please do get back to me ASAP as I need urgent help!

When do you think the DM issue will be sorted?. Are we still able to work on the work as we speak?.
Original post by CyberStudent247
When do you think the DM issue will be sorted?. Are we still able to work on the work as we speak?.

Hello, The issue is still in progress. But we can continue here if that suits you.

So regarding your Ethical Hacking assignment, what is the objectives that need to be completed?
Also, Are you meant to submit your work piece by piece in terms of assignments or is this one large project assignment?
Speak soon.
Hello, The issue is still in progress. But we can continue here if that suits you.
So regarding your Ethical Hacking assignment, what is the objectives that need to be completed?
Also, Are you meant to submit your work piece by piece in terms of assignments or is this one large project assignment?
Speak soon.

Hi there if it makes sense I'll copy the assignment brief and add here. I think it's one large assignment piece that needs to be submitted.

Djitecha group of companies has engaged you as an ethical hacker to conduct a comprehensive security
assessment of their network infrastructure. The company's management has become increasingly
concerned about the rising number of cyberattacks on businesses within their industry, and they want
to ensure that their systems are robust enough to withstand potential threats. Your task is to identify
any vulnerabilities in their network, assess the potential risks associated with these vulnerabilities, and
recommend appropriate countermeasures to mitigate these risks. You will also be required to provide
detailed documentation of your findings and recommendations, along with a presentation to the
company's management team.

Assignment Brief:

Using Kali Linux as the attacker system, and Target of Evaluation to perform the following operations:
You are required to identify, evaluate, and exploit all possible vulnerabilities in the Target of Evaluation
(TOE) by completing this in association with the relevant ethical hacking stages to compromise a target.
This work should be documented at each stage of your ethical hack in a walkthrough style technical
document using recognised ethical hacking methodology. The scanning and enumeration
documentation need to include the following: the OS version, open ports, associated services, and
identified vulnerabilities. There are 5 flags in the target and you are required to capture all the five
flags. There are three users on the target of evaluation; you are required to get their names and
passwords in clear text respectively.

During this exercise, you need to document all the ethical hacking tools used and all the TOE
vulnerabilities. You are required document all the attack vectors used to exploit the identified
vulnerabilities. Document at least 2 vulnerabilities identified. Use any password cracking tool (s) of your
choice. Provide clear screenshots in all the stages and you are required to use your student number to
different your screenshots from others.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Speak soon.

Shall I email the coursework pdf to you instead?

Can you send me your email so we can schedule a meeting when your free to discuss this?
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Speak soon.

I've got a week before the deadline can you please help me????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending