The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Inlaks, Commonwealth, and Other Scholarships for Indian Students 2024: Thread

Welcome everyone!

This is for everyone who has applied for the Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarship 2024, Commonwealth Masters Scholarship 2024 or any other scholarships meant for Indian students to pursue higher education in the UK.

Some of us have migrated from the Official Cambridge Postgraduate Applicants 2024 Thread, but we extend a warm welcome to all Indian applicants awaiting decisions on any scholarships.

Let's stay connected and keep each other informed! Here are some key updates:

Commonwealth Masters Scholarship: The shortlist by the ministry has been released, with final decisions expected by June-July 2024.

Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarship: The shortlist for preliminary interviews will be announced by the third week of April. Preliminary interviews, to be conducted online, are scheduled for the last week of April or the first week of May. Final interviews usually take place in the last week of May in Mumbai, with decisions communicated on the same day.

Let's start by introducing ourselves:

University/Universities:
Course:
Scholarships obtained/applied for:

Feel free to share your updates and experiences as we navigate through this process together!
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'll start

Universities: University of Cambridge, University College London
Course: MPhil Digital Humanities, MA Digital Humanities
Scholarships obtained/applied for: Shortlisted for Commonwealth (no further info), applied for Inlaks, waiting for Cambridge Trust funding. Rejected from Chevening.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
I received an offer from Cambridge and Oxford for the LLM/BCL courses. However, I applied to Inlaks using the Oxford offer. Since Inlaks has a tie-up with Cambridge, was it a bad move to put Oxford as my prefered option?

I understand that the Inlaks-Cambridge tie up is only if funding is required beyond the stipulated limit, but I was still wondering
Reply 3
UNVEILING MY ANONYMITY😅

Hello! I am Anonymous #304

University/Universities: University of Cambridge. (It's my first and only application for PhD)
Course: PhD in Education
Scholarships obtained/applied for: Nothing so far except Cambridge internal funding

If you come across any Social Science scholarships worth applying to, please let me know.
Reply 4
@prachimalik1121
Reply to your question on main PG thread: Is there a more favourable treatment towards people getting admission in the US for the inlaks scholarship

No, it's quite the opposite. They are more inclined towards the UK, to the extent that their second shortlist barely includes fewer than 1/4th of US admitted applicants.
Reply 5
@thegoldensnitch @prachiiisharma
Reply to your posts on main PG thread:
Thank you very much for your tips! I'm really grateful to have met you two here! 💛😇
Glad to have met you both too! @thegoldensnitch @anonymous304 💛

I too am truly grateful for our connection and the chance to help each other out🧡🧡
Original post by Anonymous #1
I received an offer from Cambridge and Oxford for the LLM/BCL courses. However, I applied to Inlaks using the Oxford offer. Since Inlaks has a tie-up with Cambridge, was it a bad move to put Oxford as my prefered option?
I understand that the Inlaks-Cambridge tie up is only if funding is required beyond the stipulated limit, but I was still wondering
Hey, this is hard to say but I don't think you made a mistake. Lots of previous scholars have been from Oxford! Here's hoping we all make it to the interview stage.
Original post by JuneKem
UNVEILING MY ANONYMITY😅
University/Universities: University of Cambridge. (It's my first and only application for PhD)
Scholarships obtained/applied for: Nothing so far except Cambridge internal funding
If you come across any Social Science scholarships worth applying to, please let me know.
Omg hi @JuneKem ! I think we have interacted before about being pooled into the same college because we didn't fill any preferences:biggrin: haha hope to see you at Lucy Cavendish! :smile:
Original post by JuneKem
Thank you very much for your tips! I'm really grateful to have met you two here! 💛😇
I too am truly grateful for our connection and the chance to help each other out🧡🧡
Likewise likewise!!! :')
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous #1

I completely agree with @prachiiisharma. It wasn't a bad move at all; in fact, I think it was a great move on your part. From their scholars and alumni list, it's evident that they aim to diversify their intake profile and not limit it to specific institutions they have ties with. By choosing Oxford, you're positioning yourself away from direct competition with the PhD Cambridge population, thus increasing your chances of securing the scholarship.

Don't you worry about any of it. You will do great!!
Reply 10
Original post by prachiiisharma
Omg hi @JuneKem ! I think we have interacted before about being pooled into the same college because we didn't fill any preferences:biggrin: haha hope to see you at Lucy Cavendish! :smile:

Yes, I remember our conversation. I must admit, I cried inconsolably for 48 hours straight after that tragedy (the result of my deep passion for history, architecture, and British culture😅). But eventually, as you had wisely said, I too came to terms with it all.

We will definitely make it to Cambridge and meet at Lucy😁
Original post by JuneKem

I totally agree! I truly hope we all get to see each other at Cambridge! 💛✨️
Original post by JuneKem
UNVEILING MY ANONYMITY😅
Oh!! Such a surprise, honestly!! 🤭 because we have talked but I totally thought its two different individuals altogether!

Alright, I'll also introduce myself:

Course: PhD in Clinical Biochemistry
Scholarships: applied to Inlaks, waiting for the Trust
Guys, did anyone receive a call from Inlaks about additional proof of funding?
Reply 14
Original post by thegoldensnitch
Oh!! Such a surprise, honestly!! 🤭 because we have talked but I totally thought its two different individuals altogether!
Alright, I'll also introduce myself:
Course: PhD in Clinical Biochemistry
Scholarships: applied to Inlaks, waiting for the Trust

Not your fault. It was intentional. I tried to be as discreet as I could😅
Hii ,
Course - MPhil in Environmental Policy
Applied for Inlaks ,KC Mahindra and Narrotam foundation scholarship
Waiting for Cambridge Trust
Rejected from Chevening
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Thank you Prachi Sharma for the thread
Original post by thegoldensnitch
Guys, did anyone receive a call from Inlaks about additional proof of funding?

No
Original post by JuneKem
UNVEILING MY ANONYMITY😅

Please check project edu access official utube channel
Thanks for the insights @prachiiisharma and @JuneKem ! That makes me feel better haha. Hoping for the best and wishing everything works out for you guys too!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending