The Student Room Group

RSM Graduate Video Interview

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zwong02
How long did they take to reply you that you've passed your interview?

They told me in about 5 working days
Hey all,

I got my offer a few years back and happy to help anyone prepare for audit/tax/deals.

Feel free to whatsapp me 07399 120 442 if you have any questions and need any interview/AC help.

Good luck!
I'm in the same boat - I have been told that I will have a video interview (on the 26th of October), but have heard nothing back from RSM since - I have sent an email asking how long it will take, and they said "We are experiencing a high level of applications at the moment and will progress you to the next stage of the process as soon as possible."

Not optimistic that it will be any time soon!
Has anyone done the next stage after the video interview? I got told I passed earlier in the week but have not heard anything back since
Original post by meekmilling
Did anyone apply for tax? Ive passed the video interview, hoping we don't wait too long for the assessment day!

Hi, I applied for tax as well. Can I ask what questions will be expected to pop up in the video interview?
Hi Carrie40,

Although we can't tell you exactly what questions will be asked, we can certainly give you an idea of what to expect! :smile:

Most companies will ask you competency based questions (i.e. how you do something) with a much smaller number asking strengths-based questions (i.e. what engages and interests you). These approaches are very different, so be sure to clarify which one will be used for your interview. Whichever type of questions they asked, the hiring company will be looking to establish whether you can do the job to the required standard while fitting into the existing culture.

Most will be open questions. They usually consist of one part but some may digress to find out a little bit more about you. Nearly all the interview questions will be very straightforward, with no trick questions. Don’t be surprised if you are initially asked an icebreaker question. This is intended to ease you into the process and make you feel more comfortable.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Original post by tiwala96
Has anyone done the next stage after the video interview? I got told I passed earlier in the week but have not heard anything back since

I'd be patient - i got told i passed my video interview a month ago now and still haven't heard anything since. I would imagine they're waiting until closing date so they know what the numbers are like for setting up assessment centres
Hi everyone, I attended an assessment day for the audit graduate scheme last week and received my job offer today :smile: I would be happy to answer any questions about it as the process has changed significantly compared to recent years!
Original post by bailey412
Hi everyone, I attended an assessment day for the audit graduate scheme last week and received my job offer today :smile: I would be happy to answer any questions about it as the process has changed significantly compared to recent years!

Hi! Well done on getting the job! Would you mind shedding some light on how the new process looks like? What kind of exercises or group exercised it involved? I would be really thankful for your help! :smile:
Original post by CelinaJ
Hi! Well done on getting the job! Would you mind shedding some light on how the new process looks like? What kind of exercises or group exercised it involved? I would be really thankful for your help! :smile:

Hi and thank you! The new process is more strengths based rather than competency based. The first part of the AC was a completely strength-based interview with an HR person and an audit manager. The second part of the day involved two individual exercises, one of which they gave a brief for how to prepare before hand which involved doing research. They then gave you 10 minutes to explain your research in further detail and also answer further questions on it, so doing your research for this part is really important! The second individual exercise involved us being given an information pack with details about an aspect of business, which you had 5 minutes to read over and then 5 minutes to present back in your own words. The final part of the AC was a group exercise, which involved us being given a range of random tasks and working together as a team to get them all completed within 3 minutes. Each assessor sat around the room was assigned to a specific person and then they called you over at the end to have a small reflection interview about what went well and what could have went better. We were the first set of candidates to experience the new type of assessment centre there so obviously it wasn't what I was expecting, but overall, the whole day was an enjoyable experience as the people there are so friendly and try their best to make you feel comfortable! I hope this helps you and good luck with your application :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by bailey412
Hi and thank you! The new process is more strengths based rather than competency based. The first part of the AC was a completely strength-based interview with an HR person and an audit manager. The second part of the day involved two individual exercises, one of which they gave a brief for how to prepare before hand which involved doing research and writing a report of a business. They then gave you 10 minutes to explain your report in further detail and also answer further questions on it, so doing your research for this part is really important! The second individual exercise involved us being given an information pack with details about an aspect of business, which you had 5 minutes to read over and then 5 minutes to present back in your own words. For myself, this was the most challenging part of the day as the 10 minutes for each exercise goes over so quickly! The final part of the AC was a group exercise, which involved us being given a range of random tasks (e.g. making paper aeroplane, sorting a deck of cards out into suits) and working together as a team to get them all completed within 3 minutes. Each assessor sat around the room was assigned to a specific person and then they called you over at the end to have a small reflection interview about what went well and what could have went better. We were the first set of candidates to experience the new type of assessment centre there so obviously it wasn't what I was expecting, but overall, the whole day was an enjoyable experience as the people there are so friendly and try their best to make you feel comfortable! I hope this helps you and good luck with your application :smile:

Thank you so much for this, it seems really different to what I was expecting!
Original post by CelinaJ
Thank you so much for this, it seems really different to what I was expecting!

Yeah it was completely different, like I said they straight away said how they'd changed absolutely everything for this year so I was scared initially but it's honestly fine! Good luck :smile:
Anyone still waiting to hear back from RSM after successfully passing video interview stage?
Anyone still waiting to hear back from RSM after successfully passing video interview stage?

Yes. I was told i passed video interview 5 weeks ago and heard nothing since..
Hi, I was told 3 weeks ago that I've been put through to the video interview but I haven't received it yet. Anyone else in the same position?
Original post by Westie22
Hi, I was told 3 weeks ago that I've been put through to the video interview but I haven't received it yet. Anyone else in the same position?

Myself and @VanillaRadio91 are in the same situation

Not sure if it helps, but I was invited to a video interview on the 26th of October, and then received the invite on the 19th of November.

I suppose that as more and more people apply, processing times just get longer and longer?

I received a reply from RSM saying that they are still processing the applications, and the video interviews will be sent in due course.
Original post by Westie22
I received a reply from RSM saying that they are still processing the applications, and the video interviews will be sent in due course.

I misread your post. I've done the video interview, told that I passed it but am yet to hear back. It's been two weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending