The Student Room Group

PwC 2022 Intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
So i had a group discussion with the pwc recruiter for my cfd, so from what i understand, the day is at your own pace and its almost like an actual day in the office. read through emails, complete certain tasks and attend meetings at times dedicated to you. i saw the task timings on the powerpoint, and it says 5 minutes for numerical and report writing, so does that mean you have 5 minutes to write it up or you have a 5 minute window to submit it?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by rysemo
So i had a group discussion with the pwc recruiter for my cfd, so from what i understand, the day is at your own pace and its almost like an actual day in the office. read through emails, complete certain tasks and attend meetings at times dedicated to you. i saw the task timings on the powerpoint, and it says 5 minutes for numerical and report writing, so does that mean you have 5 minutes to write it up orH you have a 5 minute window to submit it?

Hi there,
I recently completed my CFD. The 5 minutes window is for you to submit it. I submitted it way before to avoid any technical difficulties.
Reply 42
Original post by YOOONAHHH242
Hi there,
I recently completed my CFD. The 5 minutes window is for you to submit it. I submitted it way before to avoid any technical difficulties.

Thanks, i am thinking of writing up on word and copying it over as soon as possible and preparing for other things as the day goes on. i mostly worried by the group discussion, usually its tricky to have these virtually. i was thinking of putting myself forward as the organiser, making sure everyone gets a good amount of time to talk, make sure everyone contributes, etc. but what is the group discussion like?
From what i have been told, the cfds are with people applying to different areas of the business, including interns?
Original post by rysemo
Thanks, i am thinking of writing up on word and copying it over as soon as possible and preparing for other things as the day goes on. i mostly worried by the group discussion, usually its tricky to have these virtually. i was thinking of putting myself forward as the organiser, making sure everyone gets a good amount of time to talk, make sure everyone contributes, etc. but what is the group discussion like?
From what i have been told, the cfds are with people applying to different areas of the business, including interns?

Hey,
At the group discussion we were specifically told no one should be assigned the leader or the notetaker. I am not gonna say much, but everyone will easily have something to say. If you see someone being quiet, try to be proactive and involve them. The CFD will include graduates and interns from all service lines.
Original post by ParkHigh
Wishing you the best of luck, let us know how it goes!

Thank you! It was certainly much easier on a tablet than on the laptop (considering the kind of exercises) but I am not keeping hopes up at all. It was one hell of a ride, to put it mildly. Do you get to know your "score" immediately afterwards on any of the portals or is it a long wait to figure that out too?
Reply 45
Original post by cracking_firepit
Thank you! It was certainly much easier on a tablet than on the laptop (considering the kind of exercises) but I am not keeping hopes up at all. It was one hell of a ride, to put it mildly. Do you get to know your "score" immediately afterwards on any of the portals or is it a long wait to figure that out too?

i think it takes 24hrs or so, it is really random but i guess its to replicate your natural reactions to those situations. like the balloon is risk vs reward, the safe is persistence, the high/low game again risk but working for the benefit of the team. it all goes back to normal in the video interview.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by Wjr26
It went well thanks, received an offer last Friday! The interview was pretty standard, mainly motivational questions. I can’t remember the contents of the numerical questions, but they were pretty standard. So if you practise some online tests then you should be fine with them, they were nothing major

Hi, congrats on your offer! Can you posg any links to the online tests that your talking about please.
Reply 47
Original post by Amana1
Hi, congrats on your offer! Can you posg any links to the online tests that your talking about please.

Just any websites, you can find a lot of them. I used assessmentday and graduatesfirst
Got my CFD on 27th October, excited and nervous at same time.
Reply 49
Original post by Wjr26
It went well thanks, received an offer last Friday! The interview was pretty standard, mainly motivational questions. I can’t remember the contents of the numerical questions, but they were pretty standard. So if you practise some online tests then you should be fine with them, they were nothing major

Hi there,

could you please let me know the date of your career focus day and the date you heard back from them? Thanks
Reply 50
Original post by MaruB
Hi there,

could you please let me know the date of your career focus day and the date you heard back from them? Thanks

Completed CFD on 5th October, heard back on 8th!
Reply 51
I did my CFD on the 19th of November and got told today that I got an offer.
Original post by Zoe202

You mean October?
Reply 53
Original post by Zoe202

Amazing, well done! Which role did you apply to?
Reply 54
Original post by MaruB
Amazing, well done! Which role did you apply to?

Thank you! I applied for Audit
Reply 55
You mean October?

Omg I am so sorry I meant October
Original post by Zoe202
Omg I am so sorry I meant October

No worries, congratulations. I had mine on the 21st, hopefully I get a response soon. Did you get a phone call?
Reply 57
No worries, congratulations. I had mine on the 21st, hopefully I get a response soon. Did you get a phone call?

Same, had mine on the 20th and now waiting. They just been in touch asking a code to prove my right to work, not sure if that’s a good sign or just business as usual.
Reply 58

Yeah I got a phone call. They told me the response time depends on the service line and location.
Got a CFD coming up - Any tips on the 1-2-1 Interview? Are there any behavioural questions or are they all motivational (e.g. Why PwC? Why you? Why ACA?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending