The Student Room Group

What do I do now? Grad scheme cancelled

Hi there,

So I graduated in 2022, and have been working in recruitment since, and I had an offer from Kubrick group to join, but with the pandemic, it seems likely they will cancel my offer on me as they have an entire cohort at the moment. I do not like recruitment but I am not sure what to do going forward. I have been trying to apply for the civil service without much success and am thinking about management consulting. I do not know what to do as it seems most deadlines are passed now. Any advice on what to do?
Original post by sami1815
Hi there,

So I graduated in 2022, and have been working in recruitment since, and I had an offer from Kubrick group to join, but with the pandemic, it seems likely they will cancel my offer on me as they have an entire cohort at the moment. I do not like recruitment but I am not sure what to do going forward. I have been trying to apply for the civil service without much success and am thinking about management consulting. I do not know what to do as it seems most deadlines are passed now. Any advice on what to do?

The Kubrick Group is a completely unnecessary additional level to joining the workforce, it's an invented business to get placement fees, or an elaborate recruitment scheme. Just apply for jobs. Expand your horizons - if you are prepared to work for the civil service, then why not the NHS, Universities, local council?
Original post by username3901016
Hi there,

Hi,

I also graduated in 2022 and have been working as a recruitment consultant since 2023. In Jan 2024 I got an offer from Kubrick and they cancelled it due to the lack of business. Do you want to share details and speak about it? I’m struggling and don’t know what to do
Original post by roshank2000
Hi,
I also graduated in 2022 and have been working as a recruitment consultant since 2023. In Jan 2024 I got an offer from Kubrick and they cancelled it due to the lack of business. Do you want to share details and speak about it? I’m struggling and don’t know what to do

Move on, from what I’ve read about kubrick they are an organisation to avoid.

What to do, focus on your goals, develop a strategy for job market. Build a set of desirable skills.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending