The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Depends on the definition of success and a whole host of other personal qualities.
Reply 2
Depends on compatibility. I guess some people (whatever the gender) can be snobby and not date certain people. But I think if you get on, no matter the profession, then that’s all that matters.
What like a rich tradie?

No thanks.
Reply 4
80% of them would date someone who is a rich dbag wearing a nice tailored suit and sitting in Microsoft office. Girls have extremely high egos that skyrocket and they would not settle for anyone below them or sometimes even slightly above them. They sometimes pretend they don't know what they want. Whilst there are some good girls out there, most of them will be taken and trying to find a decent girl that is not a ____ and actually likes you for your personality rather than for your ____ or your f__ w____ is difficult these days, especially if you live in heavily westernized countries. If you don't own a lamborghini or equivalent you might as well just not try, because you will get zero interest. No joke.
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
Depends on the definition of success and a whole host of other personal qualities.

Professionally successful, as in, owns a well regarded fast food establishment. Or several. The point is that they're not employed somewhere "fashionable" or high brow like medicine or banking.
Of course
Reply 7
Original post by Little pecker
What like a rich tradie?

No thanks.

No, as in owns a well regarded fast food establishment. Successful in the restaurant business. May be moderately wealthy ofc but business especially restaurant business is very high risk.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
80% of them would date someone who is a rich dbag wearing a nice tailored suit and sitting in Microsoft office. Girls have extremely high egos that skyrocket and they would not settle for anyone below them or sometimes even slightly above them. They sometimes pretend they don't know what they want. Whilst there are some good girls out there, most of them will be taken and trying to find a decent girl that is not a ____ and actually likes you for your personality rather than for your ____ or your f__ w____ is difficult these days, especially if you live in heavily westernized countries. If you don't own a lamborghini or equivalent you might as well just not try, because you will get zero interest. No joke.

Even I know that is not really true. Teenage boys might be reading this and it's not a joke. It's one thing to say that most girls might not be interested in someone with a non-flashy job and quite another to suggest that "if you don't own a lamborghini or equivalent you might as well just not try". That is a morbid, untrue and definitely stupid thing to say.
Reply 9
Original post by Surnia

Rly sry, I explained what I meant by successful in the post above.
It depends on the specific girl.
Her attraction dealbreakers and relationship preferences.
Different girls often have very different relationship dealbreakers and lifestyle preferences.

Some girls do have dating dealbreakers that revolve around elements like academic achievements, career ambitions and professional background rather than just focusing upon income level.
Reply 11

This has real incel energy...
Reply 12
Professionally successful, as in, owns a well regarded fast food establishment. Or several. The point is that they're not employed somewhere "fashionable" or high brow like medicine or banking.

People may not consider bin men to be employed somewhere 'fashionable' or to be 'professionally successful', but they have relationships. Are you intimating girls are snobs?

Anyway, as I said, attraction is based on more than job status.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Surnia
People may not consider bin men to be employed somewhere 'fashionable' or to be 'professionally successful', but they have relationships. Are you intimating girls are snobs?

Anyway, as I said, attraction is based on more than job status.

No I do not imply girls are snobs.

And the standard you apply is a very loose one. Like maybe a bin man can find A woman but you know not all women are good and you won't know whether he is settling or not. I know many men who are and some have regretted it already. Quality men and quality women aren't just any man or any woman.

But the broader point is that being a bin man is, if we're honest, an unattractive job. It may be a very important, socially useful job, the man doing it may be decent and so on but if we're being honest.... almost all girls would prefer not to date someone like that. It's unfortunate but an understandable truth.

I went a little less hardcore than bin man, you chose one of the worst examples that is genuinely disheartening.
Being professionally successful isn't something I would put much emphasis on.

It doesn't really reflect how good company you are, how intelligent you are, how empathic you are, how good in bed you are, etc.
Reply 15
No I do not imply girls are snobs.

And the standard you apply is a very loose one. Like maybe a bin man can find A woman but you know not all women are good and you won't know whether he is settling or not. I know many men who are and some have regretted it already. Quality men and quality women aren't just any man or any woman.

But the broader point is that being a bin man is, if we're honest, an unattractive job. It may be a very important, socially useful job, the man doing it may be decent and so on but if we're being honest.... almost all girls would prefer not to date someone like that. It's unfortunate but an understandable truth.

I went a little less hardcore than bin man, you chose one of the worst examples that is genuinely disheartening.

A lot of people, whatever their profession, may find a woman who isn't good and with whom they are settling. I know people like that.

Are you the manager of a fast food restaurant?
Reply 16
Original post by Surnia
A lot of people, whatever their profession, may find a woman who isn't good and with whom they are settling. I know people like that.

Are you the manager of a fast food restaurant?

My point was that seeing a bin man with someone doesn't mean anything. He may be a really good man and she may be just someone he happened to settle with because he had no other options (being a bin man!). I of course am referring to quality girls and quality guys. Decent, kind, worthy of love really...

No, I actually own a restaurant.
Reply 17
My point was that seeing a bin man with someone doesn't mean anything. He may be a really good man and she may be just someone he happened to settle with because he had no other options (being a bin man!). I of course am referring to quality girls and quality guys. Decent, kind, worthy of love really...

Anyone can be a quality person and worthy of love! Being a restaurant owner doesn't make you one when you are so dismissive of other people's relationships, which is exactly the point being made that it's not just about job status, but also personal qualities.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Surnia
Anyone can be a quality person and worthy of love! Being a restaurant owner doesn't make you one when you are so dismissive of other people's relationships, which is exactly the point being made that it's not just about job status, but also personal qualities.

Anyone can be but not anyone is. Loads of people are horrible and NOT worthy of a relationship.
I of course am referring to quality girls and quality guys. Decent, kind, worthy of love really...

These sentences go along way to explain why you've never been in a romantic relationship.

Latest

Trending

Trending