The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Would you really want your appeal to women to be based entirely off the industry you operate in. And whilst inevitably someone’s whole life including how you dress, handle yourself in public, where you work add’s to a person’s show room appeal - generally how romantically attractive someone finds you is a far deeper, and has more to do with charm, camaraderie & personality as you actually start building a rapport & connection.
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone can be but not anyone is. Loads of people are horrible and NOT worthy of a relationship.

Yes, and your point is?
Original post by Anonymous #1
in like a non-glamorous way? like successful in the fast food business for example?

They won't care if you're able to provide for and protect them. If you're not handsome it doesn't matter if you're rich.
Original post by Anonymous #1
No I do not imply girls are snobs.
And the standard you apply is a very loose one. Like maybe a bin man can find A woman but you know not all women are good and you won't know whether he is settling or not. I know many men who are and some have regretted it already. Quality men and quality women aren't just any man or any woman.
But the broader point is that being a bin man is, if we're honest, an unattractive job. It may be a very important, socially useful job, the man doing it may be decent and so on but if we're being honest.... almost all girls would prefer not to date someone like that. It's unfortunate but an understandable truth.
I went a little less hardcore than bin man, you chose one of the worst examples that is genuinely disheartening.

LMFAO

During the summer after I graduated, and before I started my PhD, I actually worked as a bin man (after all the warnings to study hard or that's what you'll end up doing lol).

Yes, the hours are long, and you do end up stinking like a cesspit, but the money is bloody good (if you include overtime etc., some of these guys can make over £40K pa (not bad pay-packet for a job that doesn't require any real qualifications).

You're also forgetting that bins can be heavy and it involves a lot of walking... so you still need to be reasonably fit and strong to do the job (these are supposedly attractive qualities in men, no?).

The above perks, mean that bin men still get their fair share of attention, despite the nature of the job. Trust me.

Spoiler

Original post by Secretariat123
They won't care if you're able to provide for and protect them. If you're not handsome it doesn't matter if you're rich.

We've already had the standard bitter incel post on here, thank you very much.

Why you felt the urge to revive a 10 month old thread to say that is anyone's guess.

Latest

Trending

Trending