The Student Room Group

Official: Queen's University Belfast A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Welcome to the QUB A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

QUB A100 2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7252450

For general information click: https://www.qub.ac.uk/courses/underg...icine-mb-a100/

For entry requirements click: https://www.qub.ac.uk/courses/underg...mb-a100/#entry

For selection process: https://www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/MRCI/admissions/FileStore/Filetoupload,2028491,en.pdf

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.
(3) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.

Good luck!
(edited 7 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ucat 2790 band 3
International student
Predicted A level AAA (further math ,bio,chemistry)+ A EPQ
Achieved A level math : A*
GCSE 999998877766 (6 in Eng first and Eng Literature)
Do I have chance to interview?
How to prepare MMI ?
Thanks
Reply 2
Hey, how do they exactly shortlist the international students for interview? so confused...

"Qualifications Table International
General: Please note that in shortlisting for interview a number of factors are taken into account so previous academic performance and UCAT (while important) are not scored as outlined for Home and ROI applicants above.
Where applicants have not previously taken any formal examination (eg either GCSEs or O-levels) they will be considered on the basis of High School reports and this information will also be used to assess whether or not they are able to fulfil subject requirements eg GCSE Physics or equivalent"
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Am I right in saying the cut-off for interview was 38 points last year?
Original post by Rose2576
Am I right in saying the cut-off for interview was 38 points last year?

yes
Reply 5
Original post by little dou
Hey, how do they exactly shortlist the international students for interview? so confused...

"Qualifications Table International
General: Please note that in shortlisting for interview a number of factors are taken into account so previous academic performance and UCAT (while important) are not scored as outlined for Home and ROI applicants above.
Where applicants have not previously taken any formal examination (eg either GCSEs or O-levels) they will be considered on the basis of High School reports and this information will also be used to assess whether or not they are able to fulfil subject requirements eg GCSE Physics or equivalent"

I wonder the same thing the PDF just doesn’t say anything about it :frown:
Reply 6
Would I be safe with 40 points this year?
Original post by Rose2576
Would I be safe with 40 points this year?

I would have thought so with the grade deflation this year. At the open day they said they were expecting (and hoping) that it would drop from 38 to closer to previous levels of around 35/36 - but it just depends on who applies I suppose
Reply 8
I’m an international applicant, would QUB be safe for me to apply?
My stats:
IGCSE: 9999998887
UCAT:2840 B2
AS: AAAA (98%in chem 100%in maths 93% in both phy and bio)
predicted Alevel: A*A*A*A*
I score 38 with the scoring thing but it says international applicants aren’t scored like that.

Thank you!!
Reply 9
Original post by MartyMorrissey
I would have thought so with the grade deflation this year. At the open day they said they were expecting (and hoping) that it would drop from 38 to closer to previous levels of around 35/36 - but it just depends on who applies I suppose

Ahh ok, thank you so much! :h:
I wasn’t able to attend the open day, would it be ok if I PMed you a few questions about it?
Sure, no problem
Hi, do you think I would get an interview
GCSEs: 9999988887
A levels (predicted): A*A*A*
UCAT: 2670 B2
Reply 12
Original post by tiaraoluwani
Hi, do you think I would get an interview
GCSEs: 9999988887
A levels (predicted): A*A*A*
UCAT: 2670 B2

You score 36, cut off was 38 last year, but may come down a little due to diminished grade inflation
Reply 13
Would a score of 41 points be a guaranteed interview? I’ve already sent my application baha so I’m hoping so
Original post by ewarman
Would a score of 41 points be a guaranteed interview? I’ve already sent my application baha so I’m hoping so

pretty much, as the max you can score is 42
Reply 15
Original post by MartyMorrissey

okay that's so lovely
would a score of 40 points (i think ) - 2680 b2 9999999998 (8 in maths) be safe enough to apply with?
Original post by roll0909
would a score of 40 points (i think ) - 2680 b2 9999999998 (8 in maths) be safe enough to apply with?

should be fine, cutoff was 38 last year and is likely to decrease
Original post by reubenn05
should be fine, cutoff was 38 last year and is likely to decrease

Do they give extra points for achieved a levels even if u did not apply there first time round for gap year applicants

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending