The Student Room Group

Official: King's College London A101 EMDP 2024 Entry Applicants

Welcome to the King's College London A101 Extended Medical Degree Programme (EMDP) 2024 Entry Discussion.

KCL A101 EMDP 2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7214354

For general information click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...programme-mbbs

For entry requirements click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...y-requirements

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi UCAT 2310 band 2, is this score very low.....feeling so gutted....please advise what would be the criteria to apply to apply for EDMP. I am at a state school. Thanks, looking for answers please.
Original post by Manyag123
Hi UCAT 2310 band 2, is this score very low.....feeling so gutted....please advise what would be the criteria to apply to apply for EDMP. I am at a state school. Thanks, looking for answers please.

Should be okay, but it also depends on your other stats (GCSEs, A-Levels..) and meeting other WP criteria

apply to sunderland
Reply 4
Original post by _starlighttt.
Should be okay, but it also depends on your other stats (GCSEs, A-Levels..) and meeting other WP criteria

Can you please tell me about the other WP criteria.... thanks
Can you please tell me about the other WP criteria.... thanks

Special consideration will also be given to the following:

- Applicants from schools with low attainment as defined by Progress 8 score
- Applicants from low participation areas as determined by ACORN, POLAR and/or IMD
- Participants of Realising Opportunities (who completed Realising Opportunities up until August 2021
- Participants who have completed King’s K+ or Medview / Dentview programmes
- Applicants who are care experienced
- Applicants with other widening participation backgrounds
Hi

I am considering applying to Sunderland, Keele, QUB and am thinking of KCL EMDP as my 4th option, as I would likely be rejected from the a100 course. However I have only attended a non-selective but do not have any other WP criteria. My postcode came up with quintile 4 for POLAR 4 but I doubt this will do much. UCAT: 2680 B2, A*A*A in bio,chem,psych and epq (aiming for an A). GCSEs: 9999999998 I have a good amount of WE also. Would I have a chance applying here or would it be unlikely due to not having many wp flags?

Thank you
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by roll0909
Hi

I am considering applying to Sunderland, Keele, QUB and am thinking of KCL EMDP as my 4th option, as I would likely be rejected from the a100 course. However I have only attended a non-selective but do not have any other WP criteria. My postcode came up with quintile 4 for POLAR 4 but I doubt this will do much. UCAT: 2680 B2, A*A*A in bio,chem,psych and epq (aiming for an A). GCSEs: 9999999998 I have a good amount of WE also. Would I have a chance applying here or would it be unlikely due to not having many wp flags?

Thank you

they mention giving special consideration to people with more widening participation backgrounds so that may weigh in heavily or at least more than the minimum requirements right?
Original post by Aksad1
they mention giving special consideration to people with more widening participation backgrounds so that may weigh in heavily or at least more than the minimum requirements right?

yes it would
Original post by Aksad1

so it wouldn't be a good idea to apply if you only have the non-selective school one I assume ?
Original post by roll0909
so it wouldn't be a good idea to apply if you only have the non-selective school one I assume ?

there have been some applicants in the past who have gotten in with just meeting the minimum entry requirements, so its still worth a try if you're set on applying here :smile:
there have been some applicants in the past who have gotten in with just meeting the minimum entry requirements, so its still worth a try if you're set on applying here :smile:

Do they only look at postcode and whether you went to a state school ?
Original post by username5504342
Do they only look at postcode and whether you went to a state school ?

going to a state school is part of the minimum requirements, but there are other special considerations they take into account

other considerations listed here:
Special consideration will also be given to the following:

- Applicants from low participation areas as determined by ACORN, POLAR and/or IMD
- Participants of Realising Opportunities (who completed Realising Opportunities up until August 2021
- Participants who have completed King’s K+ or Medview / Dentview programmes
- Applicants who are care experienced
- Applicants with other widening participation backgrounds
Reply 13

How to find that out.....thanks

How to find that out.....thanks

google school performance checker, it’s the gov.uk website, and type in your school
hi all cant wait to start this journey thru our application and updating each other on application status and all. can't wait by the time we get interview offers.
Will my GCSEs be okay for this course? I got 97776666.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by kitty2005
Will my GCSEs be okay for this course? I got 97776666.

I literally have the same GCSEs. Its mainly UCAT and a levels. Apparently I heard they give preference to B grade as that is what I got. AAB, gap year. . I am quintile 3 and low achieving school as well.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by user120384
I literally have the same GCSEs. Its mainly UCAT and a levels. Apparently I heard they give preference to B grade as that is what I got. AAB, gap year. . I am quintile 3 and low achieving school as well.

what do you mean by having a preference B grade?
Like if somebody got A* and can get in normal course that would be off putting cuz they can get into the a100. like someone abb,aab will be understandable as it is access to medicine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending