The Student Room Group

RCA 2024 Applicants

Hi there!

Starting a thread for anyone applying for Royal College of Art this year. I'm applying to MA Painting in round 1 (deadline next week).

Good luck everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just submitted my application for IDE - best of luck!
Guys my pebblepad doesn't show any workspace!! I tried clearing cache and everything. What do you suggest?
Reply 3
I would definitely recommend contacting rca support & the program. Worst case you’ll have a record that you were ready & attempted to submit in round 1.

Sorry you’re having to deal with that :frown: I’m sure that’s extremely stressful
Original post by Chainsaw666
Guys my pebblepad doesn't show any workspace!! I tried clearing cache and everything. What do you suggest?
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by pufffrosty
I would definitely recommend contacting rca support & the program ([email protected]). Worst case you’ll have a record that you were ready & attempted to submit in round 1.

Sorry you’re having to deal with that :frown: I’m sure that’s extremely stressful

Thank you so much for the advice! I emailed almost all possible offices and they finally gave me my workbooks literally 3hrs before the deadline. I missed my chance last year because of their technical errors, I thought it was going to be the same this time!!!
Reply 5
Original post by Chainsaw666
Thank you so much for the advice! I emailed almost all possible offices and they finally gave me my workbooks literally 3hrs before the deadline. I missed my chance last year because of their technical errors, I thought it was going to be the same this time!!!

I’m glad you managed to get it sorted in time!
Reply 6
Hey my application portal just shows 'Application Submitted'. However, I have submitted the stage 2 portfolio and also received confirmation that my 'Asset has been submitted for stage 2'. Anyone else facing a similar issue?
Reply 7
Original post by Yucksss
Hey my application portal just shows 'Application Submitted'. However, I have submitted the stage 2 portfolio and also received confirmation that my 'Asset has been submitted for stage 2'. Anyone else facing a similar issue?

Says the same for me too. Is it supposed to show something else?
Reply 8
Original post by rv.gomathy
Says the same for me too. Is it supposed to show something else?

Exact same for me - blue banner on PebblePad portfolio submission and received an automated email from PebblePad confirming portfolio submission. On the Stage 1 RCA portal it also says "Application submitted".
I assume this is everything but I was surprised I didn't get a confirmation email from RCA admissions stating your full application is submitted, you'll receive the outcome after November etc...
Reply 9
My status changed to “Portfolio Submitted” on the RCA portal. Can’t wait to mid November… good luck everyone!
Reply 10
My status is “application unsuccessful” on the portal even though it is not November yet.
Is there anybody has same status?
Reply 11
My status changed to "Under review"...in previous threads I've seen others with complications on status before the outcome deadline so hopefully it's nothing to worry about!

Original post by sweeetrain
My status is “application unsuccessful” on the portal even though it is not November yet.
Reply 12
Original post by fashiongeek
My status changed to "Under review"...in previous threads I've seen others with complications on status before the outcome deadline so hopefully it's nothing to worry about!

Thank you for your kind words. Do you mean about previous academic year’s cases? Also I’m wonder if I get rejected for 1 round, is there any chance to be considered in next round for my 1 round application. Do you know something about this?😭

My status shows it too. I think it might just be a rejection, since they seemed to have offered someone a place already. It would be nice if it was just a technical issue! 🥲
Reply 14
Oh I hope this is just technical issue, too🥲 Actually, I’ve got offer from RCA in 23/24 academic year (2 months ago), but I re-applied for this year, so I panicked more when I saw this application status…

Original post by Emilybantonia
My status shows it too. I think it might just be a rejection, since they seemed to have offered someone a place already. It would be nice if it was just a technical issue! 🥲
Oh I hope this is just technical issue, too🥲 Actually, I’ve got offer from RCA in 23/24 academic year (2 months ago), but I re-applied for this year, so I panicked more when I saw this application status…

That makes me feel better, because if you were accepted before it doesn't make much sense for you to be rejected outright. I thought they had rejected me pretty much immediately! Hope it changes for us in November 🥹
Reply 16
That makes me feel better, because if you were accepted before it doesn't make much sense for you to be rejected outright. I thought they had rejected me pretty much immediately! Hope it changes for us in November 🥹

I hope so! Let’s take it easy🥹 I wish you good luck! Both of us🥹🥹🥹🥲

😓I hope it’s just a technical issue too! The application process is definitely not short of them.

In my interview they mentioned something about how they have to wait for the school to send the decisions in mid-Nov so I imagine whatever status is in the portal is coming from RCA admin not the actual program you applied to.

If it makes you feel any better, when I was rejected a few years ago they sent me an email, not just a portal status change.

btw, where did you see that someone was already offered a place?
Original post by pufffrosty
😓I hope it’s just a technical issue too! The application process is definitely not short of them.

In my interview they mentioned something about how they have to wait for the school to send the decisions in mid-Nov so I imagine whatever status is in the portal is coming from RCA admin not the actual program you applied to.

If it makes you feel any better, when I was rejected a few years ago they sent me an email, not just a portal status change.

btw, where did you see that someone was already offered a place?

It was on their Instagram. They announced the first person they accepted. I got an email from admissions saying that they can’t accept me but that I should try to apply for other courses. So, that’s that. It’s a rejection. I hope it’s different for you guys! Good luck
Reply 19
It was on their Instagram. They announced the first person they accepted. I got an email from admissions saying that they can’t accept me but that I should try to apply for other courses. So, that’s that. It’s a rejection. I hope it’s different for you guys! Good luck

It was a rejection for me as well. I just got the email. Thank you for sharing yours. I wish you good luck in other schools and better future!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending