The Student Room Group

Sociology MPhil Cambridge - 2024

Anyone got rejected or got an offer for Mphil in Sociology (Media and Culture pathway here)
(edited 2 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DecoyRetroit
Anyone got rejected or got an offer for Mphil in Sociology (Media and Culture pathway here)
Not yet! I applied for the Feb deadline though. Did you apply for the December deadline?
Reply 2
I applied for the December deadline and I received my conditional offer on first week of February (also media and culture pathway applicant)
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by uon9
I applied for the December deadline and I received my conditional offer on first week of February (also media and culture pathway applicant)
Congrats! So happy for you :smile:
Reply 4
Mphil Politics and Econ Sociology here. Feb deadline. Still under review now.
Any updates...? (Feb deadline applicant here)
Reply 6
Original post by kjming12341234
Any updates...? (Feb deadline applicant here)

under review, 1 second ago. U?
Original post by JSONLINN
under review, 1 second ago. U?

Same... ugh it's stressing me out
Reply 8
Original post by kjming12341234
Same... ugh it's stressing me out

alright, hope we all get in. I gather last year they send students to degree committee by 3.31rd.
Original post by JSONLINN
alright, hope we all get in. I gather last year they send students to degree committee by 3.31rd.

Hopefully it comes out soon haha
Feb ddl applicant here... Checked 1s ago. Still under review by department. No DP at the moment.
So if the 2024 official thread of Cam postgraduate application is true, then there are no bulk rej processes, then that means we here are all still viable candidates standing. Or maybe Sociology Dept does bulk rej? IDK.
Reply 12
mine just got Decision Pending omg
Original post by WUM28
mine just got Decision Pending omg

May I ask when did you apply?
Reply 14
Original post by Jen09iu_X
May I ask when did you apply?

Feb DDL
Reply 15
Original post by WUM28
Feb DDL

Thanks :smile: May I ask for the exact submission day? And which pathway are you in btw?
Reply 16
Mid Feb ; Media track
Politics and Econ applicant here... Still under review by department
Feb ddl: Got an offer I think a few days ago.
It went from "Under review by department" (stayed there for a few months) "Decision pending" (since last week)
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Original post by WUM28
Big congrats! May I ask how long did it take from decision pending to offer? Did they email the offer?

Thank you! They sent 2 emails (one with the offer and the other about log-in info for the self service account).
I think it took about a week, but I can't remember exactly how long it was. Best wishes on your application too 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending