Original post by Woostar
What degree do you have no respect for?

Liberal Arts
PPE
The current and recent set of MPs ruined its credibility
Original post by PQ
PPE
The current and recent set of MPs ruined its credibility

Didn’t many of them do Oxbridge Classics though? or am I wrong?
Politics, Art, Drama, Economics, Maths, Language maybe
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Mohammed_80
Politics, Art, Drama, Economics, Maths, Language maybe

You have no respect for a degree in Math? Math, the thing which literally makes civilisation work? Wtf.
Original post by Djtoodles
You have no respect for a degree in Math? Math, the thing which literally makes civilisation work? Wtf.

Degree enabling you to do what bit of a waste spending 3 years doing maths
Reply 7

Agree completely, I love Maths personally. I think it's often underestimated because of 1. To the untrained eye it makes no sense haha, and 2. A lot of people dislike it from the forced curriculum in High School. I mean it's literally the glue that holds STEM together, allowed Humanities' rapid expansion and continued to allow it.
I mean also, I know the Maths degree is a lot of pure Math sometimes but it's still got loads of things within it that can be applied to anything from Computer Science to Music.

On the topic in hand though, I dislike Politics. It just irks me haha. Edit: but on the whole I respect most degrees just because of the effort that you need to do them, though I do think some are better as apprenticeships, etc.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Mohammed_80
Degree enabling you to do what bit of a waste spending 3 years doing maths

Ignorance is no excuse.
Every business, finance, management etc degree. Undergraduate degrees for people with zero imagination only.
History of Art
Maths, Science, all Engineering branches, COMPSCI, business related, law, med. Anything the government champions without thought.
Original post by Admit-One
Maths, Science, all Engineering branches, COMPSCI, business related, law, med. Anything the government champions without thought.

Medicine should be an apprenticeship not a degree

:troll:
Original post by PQ
Medicine should be an apprenticeship not a degree

:troll:

That’s interesting. I have heard a similar point IRL. Apparently, it would make more sense for practical courses like medicine and engineering to be apprenticeships.

I wanted to say the same thing yesterday, Maths on the list? :lol: Without maths the other natural sciences (Biology, Physics and Chemistry) effectively don’t exist or function, maybe Biology would at a push, subjects such as CS, Economics, IT, maybe psychology, engineering, statistics etc wouldn’t exist or function either without Mathematics.

Really puzzling to see Maths on the list and I’m not saying this simply because I love Mathematics and Statistics.
Reply 15
I dont really waste my energy on these regressive worldviews

Art and Language don’t make civilisation work?
Reply 17
Psychology, English, Archeology, Art, Fashion design.
I’ll state some degrees (this is only my opinion).

-Golf Course/Management (yes this is actually a degree)
https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/sportex/app-golf-mgt-studies.aspx
https://www.uhi.ac.uk/en/courses/ba-hons-golf-management/#tabanchor

-Fine Art (this shouldn’t be a university degree in my opinion, it should be apprenticeship/vocational only (I’m only saying this for fine art, not most other arts degrees such as DT, Animation, Screenwriting, film etc)). Same with Drama, should be apprenticeship/vocational only, I’m not sure about fashion though.

-Any degree that effectively only leads you to one career path, not good for versatility as you never know if one day you want to slightly change your career path or type of job. As in if you were to sway away from that career path or job type you wouldn’t be able to do anything with the degree and would have to go back in education (this excludes Healthcare Degrees).

-The degree that I’m doing to some extent, I still love my course though.
Original post by PQ
Art and Language don’t make civilisation work?

I didn’t really say one way or the other, but since you asked Art is a no, it’s more an expression of civilisation. Language is a yes and no, without English for example we could just use numbers but that would then itself become a form of language.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending