The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

student loan help

so i'm going to be starting OU in february and taking out a student loan..... if i decide i hate it and go to in-person uni in september, will i be able to take out a student loan for that degree if i've already done like one 60 credit OU module that i've taken out a loan for? ik you can't take out a loan for a second undergrad degree but does this count as second if i only half did it?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
so i'm going to be starting OU in february and taking out a student loan..... if i decide i hate it and go to in-person uni in september, will i be able to take out a student loan for that degree if i've already done like one 60 credit OU module that i've taken out a loan for? ik you can't take out a loan for a second undergrad degree but does this count as second if i only half did it?

for reference i'm not planning on dropping out but if i absolutely hated it, i wouldn't want to close any other doors you know
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Part-time funding is calculated differently from full-time funding (4 years part-time = 1 year full-time), so in theory, you should be fine. It gets tricker though if you actually claim a qualification before dropping out. You would really need to speak to Student Finance directly if you want to know exactly how many years you've got left.

Quick Reply

Latest