The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE anthropology and law 2024

Hi has anyone applied to anthropology and law at LSE 2024? Has anyone heard back yet?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi has anyone applied to anthropology and law at LSE 2024? Has anyone heard back yet?

Hi, I applied in November. Still haven't heard back yet. What a-level subjects do you do?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hi i applied in november as well! I do sociology maths and history. What im most scared about is the personal statement as i dont think mine has enough anthropology in it, what about you?
Reply 3
Original post by lunaaaaaaaa12345
Hi i applied in november as well! I do sociology maths and history. What im most scared about is the personal statement as i dont think mine has enough anthropology in it, what about you?

Hi, I do chemistry maths and economics. Same here I wrote about 1 paragraph on anthropology and the rest was pretty much law! It’s a shame there’s not much about this course online it’s really has me anxious!
Reply 4
hi has anyone heard back yet?
Reply 5
hi has anyone heard back yet?

Not yet. Have you?
Reply 6
Original post by badb789
Not yet. Have you?

I havent as well, i really wonder when they will be responding.
hey I've applied, haven't heard back either
Reply 8
Original post by eveshapiro
hey I've applied, haven't heard back either
Do you mind me asking what you wrote about in your personal statement?
Do you mind me asking what you wrote about in your personal statement?
it was mostly law, i also applied to PPL in kings and warwick and talked about the intersections of philosophy, justice, ethics and mentioned my epq about human intelligence and also my personal experience of political injustice in my country. i doubt I'm getting in as its most literally focused on law
Original post by eveshapiro
it was mostly law, i also applied to PPL in kings and warwick and talked about the intersections of philosophy, justice, ethics and mentioned my epq about human intelligence and also my personal experience of political injustice in my country. i doubt I'm getting in as its most literally focused on law
That the same with me, mine is literally just law. I spoke a bit about it in my subjects paragraph linking sociology and history, and i spoke a bit about it in one lecture i joined. Would you firm LSE if you were to get the offer?
Hi,
I have applied and haven't heard back yet either. It's really stressing me out!
Original post by Anonymous #3
Hi,
I have applied and haven't heard back yet either. It's really stressing me out!
Same! im really scared :frown: would you say you mentioned anthropology a lot in your personal statement?
Same! im really scared :frown: would you say you mentioned anthropology a lot in your personal statement?
I don't think I necessarily mentioned it a lot, but I did try to link things I wrote into my personal statement to anthropology where possible. For example, if I wrote about something I saw in court, I wrote about it from an anthropological perspective and then linked it to something I studied in one of my subjects if that makes sense.
What about you?
Original post by Anonymous #3
I don't think I necessarily mentioned it a lot, but I did try to link things I wrote into my personal statement to anthropology where possible. For example, if I wrote about something I saw in court, I wrote about it from an anthropological perspective and then linked it to something I studied in one of my subjects if that makes sense.
What about you?
Mine was mostly focused on law so im a bit worried. I didnt explicitly mention anthropology, however i linked studying sociology and also history to an anthropological perspective. I also talked about it in one of the lectures i joined as well as linking it to law. I really dont think its enough. Percentage wise how much would you say its anthropology to law?
does anyone know when they will start giving out offers?
Original post by eveshapiro1
does anyone know when they will start giving out offers?
I really don't know. On the previous offer spreadsheets there were a very small amount of offers being given out in March, and even one in February. But this year it seems to be a lot different. I think they will start responding in April.
I really don't know. On the previous offer spreadsheets there were a very small amount of offers being given out in March, and even one in February. But this year it seems to be a lot different. I think they will start responding in April.

fair, thank you
no one has gotten lse back right? i didn’t see anyone
Mine was mostly focused on law so im a bit worried. I didnt explicitly mention anthropology, however i linked studying sociology and also history to an anthropological perspective. I also talked about it in one of the lectures i joined as well as linking it to law. I really dont think its enough. Percentage wise how much would you say its anthropology to law?

Honestly, like 20%
Original post by eveshapiro1
fair, thank you
no one has gotten lse back right? i didn’t see anyone

I believe for Law and Anthropology no one has heard back, but I have heard people from other courses getting rejected which is terrifying. I don't know if any offers have been sent out yet, only heard rejections

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending