The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Uni to OU

So im thinking about options due to SFE still having not processed DSA preventing me accessing taxis and university for the second semester of year two. Has anyone transferred their credits over and migrated to the Open University?

How easy is it?

Do you have any regrets?

Pro's & Cons?

Any feedback asap would be appreciated so i can get things sorted

TIA
Reply 1
Original post by Mazellan83
So im thinking about options due to SFE still having not processed DSA preventing me accessing taxis and university for the second semester of year two. Has anyone transferred their credits over and migrated to the Open University?

How easy is it?

Do you have any regrets?

Pro's & Cons?

Any feedback asap would be appreciated so i can get things sorted

TIA

I previously studied at winchester uni and just got a transfer to open uni. I’m pregnant so distance learning is convenient for 2024/25. credit transfer was easy and quick since it’s the same course. I haven’t started as of yet. Even when i was at winchester i couldn’t afford to attend campus all that regularly. I believe they can only transfer up to 180 credits so i’d consider that since you’re already in year 2
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Golden00
I previously studied at winchester uni and just got a transfer to open uni. I’m pregnant so distance learning is convenient for 2024/25. credit transfer was easy and quick since it’s the same course. I haven’t started as of yet. Even when i was at winchester i couldn’t afford to attend campus all that regularly. I believe they can only transfer up to 180 credits so i’d consider that since you’re already in year 2

Thank you, ironically SFE and DSA letters and approval appeared today tho theyre still checking details for payments to be made for some reason so im holding fire on OU as i can get to uni now but helpful to know its easy to transfer as im still wanting to do a masters so itll be interesting to see how people find OU compared to onsite university. Im tempted with OU for masters tbh. I hope the rest of your pregnancy and studies go smoothly. good luck with both!

Quick Reply

Latest