The Student Room Group

Tiffin Sixth Form External Application 2024

I have applied to Tiffin Boys sixth form as an external applicant back in October, with a top 8 predicted grade sum of 69 or an average of 8.625. I have chosen Biology, Chemistry and Maths for A Level and I am predicted 9 for both biology and maths and an 8 in Chemistry. I also have a bunch of extracurriculars listed, to name a few: regional basketball, violin and foreign languages. I haven’t heard back from Tiffin yet, even though they said we would start hearing back from them starting from the 26th of Feb. Can anyone let me know what my chances are, and if they have heard from them yet? And if so, what their predicted grades looked like.
P.S. I achieved 9 9s and 1 8 in the latest year 11 mocks if that matters at all.
Thanks for reading :smile:
Reply 1
I'd say very high chances if you live within the priority area? (less than 10km from Tiffin)
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by anoukis
I'd say very high chances if you live within the priority area? (less than 10km from Tiffin)

Thanks for the reply. I do live very close to the school. Any ideas about when we might receive a response by?
Reply 3
Sorry, no idea - we are waiting to hear back as well, and so is everyone else we know. My daughter's grades are a bit lower than yours but we are still hoping for an offer 😉

Congrats for the mocks and the predicted grades!
Original post by anoukis
Sorry, no idea - we are waiting to hear back as well, and so is everyone else we know. My daughter's grades are a bit lower than yours but we are still hoping for an offer 😉
Congrats for the mocks and the predicted grades!

Thank you 🙏 and best of luck to your daughter.
Reply 5
Just received email to say we would hear by april 30th ? Has anyone heard otherwise?
Original post by aichen
Just received email to say we would hear by april 30th ? Has anyone heard otherwise?

I think this email was sent around to everyone. Clearly there is an issue that’s going on that’s slowing down the process as it was finished by the same time last year. Has anyone received anything else after this email?
Reply 7
Original post by OmarElmahroukey
I have applied to Tiffin Boys sixth form as an external applicant back in October, with a top 8 predicted grade sum of 69 or an average of 8.625. I have chosen Biology, Chemistry and Maths for A Level and I am predicted 9 for both biology and maths and an 8 in Chemistry. I also have a bunch of extracurriculars listed, to name a few: regional basketball, violin and foreign languages. I haven’t heard back from Tiffin yet, even though they said we would start hearing back from them starting from the 26th of Feb. Can anyone let me know what my chances are, and if they have heard from them yet? And if so, what their predicted grades looked like.
P.S. I achieved 9 9s and 1 8 in the latest year 11 mocks if that matters at all.
Thanks for reading :smile:

I got a conditional offer for this september and went to visit the school early march time. I know people who were rejected or accepted or simply did not hear back. I'm not sure if they're done letting people in or just incredibly slow haha
Original post by hh567
I got a conditional offer for this september and went to visit the school early march time. I know people who were rejected or accepted or simply did not hear back. I'm not sure if they're done letting people in or just incredibly slow haha

Congrats on the offer 👏 do you mind giving a few more details such as your predicted grades, selected subjects for A Levels and a gist of what the email said? Thanks and congrats again 🙂
Reply 9
Original post by OmarElmahroukey
Congrats on the offer 👏 do you mind giving a few more details such as your predicted grades, selected subjects for A Levels and a gist of what the email said? Thanks and congrats again 🙂

Yeah so I got all 7s and 8s in mocks about a half and half split and predicted 9s. I chose maths geo and econ on the application even though I've changed my mind since. The initial email was just details about visiting the school for a tour by sixth formers and talk with teachers. A few weeks after I got a follow up clarifying my offer and grade requirements. Hope this helps!
I got similar grades and got in - I'm in year 12 now and doing the same subjects as you. For our cohort they either told you that you were waitlisted or invited you for an interview. It wasn't a proper interview, they asked to confirm your subject choices and told you that you have an offer. If you haven't heard back by now its likely that you were waitlisted. (I think). They actually asked people in our year to help out with touring people who got offers - we did this for a few weeks in february and march and they haven't asked again. I think it's unlikely that they are giving out offers this late. However, I know a lot of people in our year who only got offers on results day, as some people decline their place in tiffin or simply don't get the grades so there will be some available spaces. If you're waitlisted now, there is a good chance you can still get in if you get very good GCSEs
(edited 1 week ago)
Original post by hh567
Yeah so I got all 7s and 8s in mocks about a half and half split and predicted 9s. I chose maths geo and econ on the application even though I've changed my mind since. The initial email was just details about visiting the school for a tour by sixth formers and talk with teachers. A few weeks after I got a follow up clarifying my offer and grade requirements. Hope this helps!

Thanks for clarifying and congrats on the offer!
Original post by matcha333
I got similar grades and got in - I'm in year 12 now and doing the same subjects as you. For our cohort they either told you that you were waitlisted or invited you for an interview. It wasn't a proper interview, they asked to confirm your subject choices and told you that you have an offer. If you haven't heard back by now its likely that you were waitlisted. (I think). They actually asked people in our year to help out with touring people who got offers - we did this for a few weeks in february and march and they haven't asked again. I think it's unlikely that they are giving out offers this late. However, I know a lot of people in our year who only got offers on results day, as some people decline their place in tiffin or simply don't get the grades so there will be some available spaces. If you're waitlisted now, there is a good chance you can still get in if you get very good GCSEs

Thanks for the reply. They sent us an email a few weeks ago saying we would hear back from them by April the 30th. Do you think that means that we will hear if we got accepted, waitlisted or shortlisted? I mean will we potentially get an official email saying that we were waitlisted?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending